Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Rehman
      Participant

I bought a spare engine from a club member and noted a cable and mount for the carburetor linkage. That’s also what the parts book shows. My 66 MK1A has a link bar similar to 66 Mustangs. Are there more than one style or has somebody changed this to a bar link on my car at some point ?

Sean Johnson
        Participant

It all depends on what carbie you have installed… If you’re running a factory 2bbl autolite, then you’d use the OE Rootes throttle cable bracket. If you are running an F4B or similar intake with a Holley 1850, then a different throttle cable bracket is required. The OE bracket has the wrong angle and will bind and not allow the carb throttle plates to close… Regardless of return spring pressure

I can supply a template for the 4bbl throttle cable bracket

Sean Johnson
          Participant

It all depends on what carbie you have installed… If you’re running a factory 2bbl autolite, then you’d use the OE Rootes throttle cable bracket. If you are running an F4B or similar intake with a Holley 1850, then a different throttle cable bracket is required. The OE bracket has the wrong angle and will bind and not allow the carb throttle plates to close… Regardless of return spring pressure

I can supply a template for the 4bbl throttle cable bracket

Robert Rehman
            Participant

Thanks to all. I just got a cable yesterday and will start looking into this soon. The carb is a 1967 dated Holley 2v. It must have been changed out early on but I have found the original carb to install. I really appreciate responses. I’m a life long mechanic but British cars are different.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.