Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Chip Wells
      Participant

Greeting Tiger Fans!
        Purchased a 1965 Mk1 that did not come with a hardtop. So, I like to purchase one!. Prefer to buy a refurbished/restored top and paint to match body color, but if you have one with all the goodies and it’s needs painting, then I’m open. Please share photos, specifically showing base of the rear windows (all three) and especially in the lower corners in the rear, rear window stainless trim, drip rail trim and the side latches. Thanks in advance.

Chip

warren-g
        Participant

Several on the West Coast. What is the bigger problem is shipping them . They take up a full pallet and are really awkward. You’re totally right about corner inspection but they look ok at times until the pad comes off… That C pillar has the drain holes covered so any top that lived outside is suspect. I suggested that you drive more than one car in your quest but did you drive one with and without a hard top? They seem louder inside and the absence of a boot firewall makes it worse along with added wind noise. Plus they foot print the paint and it’s easy to mess up paint and the chrome B post caps.

Mike Schreiner
          Participant

Did you get a hardtop yet? I have one I would sell in Florida……it is black but no rust ever…..stored inside for 22 years…. Recently installed all new windows and rubber seals… Have a new headliner ( black) but it is still in the box. Not installed yet…….all trim is there….$3500 if interested

Chip – Hi, this just got listed on the SAOCA website: https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/late-model-hardtop.32710/

Gary

Chip Wells
            Participant

I have purchased a hardtop. Thanks for all the assistance and feedback!!

Chip

Viewing 4 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.