Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mike Schreiner
      Participant

Does anyone know the size and thread of that fitting that goes on the crossover pipe output? I need the fuel line with the fitting for both a Tiger and a series two Alpine (single tank no crossover tube…but same threaded fitting) you can text me at 561 452-5906 or email mikeflbmer@yahoo.com

Mike,

I took a look at the crossover I have in the old parts stash, and it looks like that fitting may be a British standard thread. The closest standard would be 1/4″ BSPP, assuming it is a parallel thread. It looks like it as near as I can eyeball it. 1/4″ BSPP is 0.5 in OD with 19TPI. My thread gauge skips from 18 to 20 TPI, but I think this might be a good place to start. Discount Hydraulic Hose (https://www.discounthydraulichose.com) sells BSPP fittings.

I found that the fitting on the oil gauge steel line mounted to the side of the engine also uses a BSPP fitting, in that case 1/8″.

Mike Schreiner
          Participant

ThanksKerch that helps…..I made 2 trips tp home depot but nothing fit…..I had a rubber fuel hole with a clamp holding it on the threaded pipe going to elec fuel pump on the tiger (a disater waiting to happen……Trying to re do it in copper pipe with bubble fittings…..But on the series 2 alpine single tank fitting seems smaller and a brass fitting 1/4 see4ms to fit there……I am also trying to redo my oil pressure gauge line in copper as the plastic line popped off on the tiger while driving anf I almost blew the engine…….thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.