Bring A Sunbeam Here
Saturday May 8th is Steam Up day at Rough & Tumble: a living experience where equipment in use when America was a burgeoning industrial and agricultural empire is fired up and running again for a large public following. Everything from tiny to HUGE stationary engines, traction engines, Ag and earth moving equipment, a Shay engine with passenger train rides, and more. There is an early 20th century life style exhibit, a AutoHaus and a variety of other displays.
And of course, our Beams will be on display in the Sunbeam Corral. After all, this is an educational experience. We might as well educate the public about our hobby, too.
- The gate opens at 8 a.m.
- Entry to R&T is $5/person.
- You must present a copy of Rootes Review to the gate keeper to park in the Sunbeam Corral. (Applies to Beams and your private vehicles.) Otherwise you will be banished to parking outside with the other public door bangers. Can’t find your copy? Members go here and print one out! (Read back issues there, too! You’ll need to log into the members area to do that.)
- A dollar or two donation will be solicited to defray BASH expenses upon your arrival in the Corral.
Lunch is on your own at the Food Court. Local Lancaster County Dutch Country food is offered. We’ll do our best to harness ourselves as a group and eat together at Noon.
Ted Casey will give us a personal tour of the historical association facilities. He will also arrange transportation to local Lancaster County shops and factory outlets for those who aren’t entertained with history and steam.
Tiger Authentication (TAC) is planned. Please preregister. See below.
For those who prefer to arrive Friday and socialize, an evening with a scrumptious all-you-can-eat Rainbow Dinner theater experience is in store for you. Playing is a comedy, “How The Other Half Loves.”
Deadline for $44/person dinner theater group rate is April 23, 2010.
Make checks payable to: Tiger Tom’s and mail to: Tiger Tom, 1924 Black’s Bridge Road, Annville, PA 17003
Contact Tiger Tom by phone (717) 832-1116 or email to **@ti*******.net
Rooms have been blocked with special rates at the adjoining Best Western Revere Inn & Suites. Great parking for our cars too.
Deadline for group hotel rate ($84.99/couple) April 10, 2010
Contacts / Additional Info:
- Rough & Tumble: www.roughandtumble.org
- Rainbow Dinner Theater: www.rainbowdinnertheatre.com
- Hotel Reservations:
- Best Western Revere Inn & Suites, Paradise, PA
- Group name: “Rootes America”
- Host: Ted Casey by phone at (717) 354-9276
- TAC: Please Pre-register with Tom Calvert (410) 255-8964 or by email to: tc******@bm*******.com