FRONT END POINTERS
- Tires balanced?
- Wheel bearings may need grease or adjustment.
- Too much play in rack and pinion. If you hear a dunk (a what??) from the steering while going over bumps, chances are the rack is bad.
- Disc brake rotor warped
b. HARD STEERING POINTERS (Tiger)
- Oil filter is rubbing against U-joints?
- Rack and pinion dry. If so squirt 90 wt, gear oil through the end of rubber boot on rack.
- Steering U-joints bad
- Rack may need rebuilding
For those who don’t know, your steering column is telescopic!
ODORS INSIDE CAR
- Check tanks and connecting hose for leaks
- Do not fill tanks completely full
- Check vent line for blockage
b. ENGINE FUMES
- Exhaust leak
- Lost rubber grommets on firewall. There should be no holes.
- Trunk lid not closed tightly or bad weather stripping on lid
- Holes in floor
- Excessive grease buildup on drive train
- Hood not closed tightly. Fumes will enter through vents.