Saturday, June 14, 2014
“Where Sunbeams and friends meet”
Your BASH this year promises to be a particularly memorable one.
Although it is really a one day event, your experience can begin Friday evening, June 13 with other Sunbeamer’s at the Hollywood Casino Mountain View Restaurant watching live thoroughbred racing from your own trackside table or having fun losing more money than the cost of a Sunbeam at the Casino.
Valve Cover Racing Returns Saturday afternoon at the AACA Museum
- Bring your favorite valve cover with wheels.
- Personalization is encouraged.
- Classes for all age groups.
- VCR rules and info.
Staying over Saturday night after the BASH?
See The Elegance at Hershey on Sunday modeled after the finest of European and American Concours d’Elegance presentations located on the gardens of Hotel Hershey. Think Pebble Beach.
Your support phone # during the BASH is (717) 926-1221
Friday Eve, June 13: 6PM
Meet at the Hollywood Casino Mountain View Restaurant for a night of dining (Dutch Treat), watching horse racing and talking Sunbeams.
Please advise BASH registration if you plan to dine and spend the evening with us at the Hollywood Casino Mountain View Restaurant.
Saturday, June 14
8 AM to Noon
Meet at the base of the Grand Ascent (Previously the Hershey Vintage Hill Climb).
- Enter off of route 39.
- Follow entrance signs in the area.
- There may be a $10 gate fee to enter. However we are presently working on allowing those arriving in a Sunbeam to enter free.
- Be sure to ask if Sunbeams enter free. Not everyone knows what a Sunbeam looks like, but you can educate.
- Once inside the meadows proceed to the SUNBEAM BASH parking corral near the base of the hill.
Feel, smell and hear the sounds of vintage race machines, including our VP Joe Paralanti and his Fiat Abarth, ascend the famous hill to Hotel Hershey.
We will depart the hill climb in time for a noon arrival at the AACA Museum.
Noon til 5PM
Display our Beams on the front lawn for Museum visitors to admire.
We have a luncheon buffet starting at Noon. Includes: Sandwiches (selection of meats, cheeses, rolls), Salad, Beverages (Soda & bottled water), Desserts (brownies-cookies–cake).
ValveCover Racing will follow lunch.
Tiger Tom will provide museum tours.
For those staying overnight, we will depart to a local eatery for our evening meal and socializing.
The Elegance at Hershey (The new Pebble Beach of the East)
Here are some other places you may wish to visit as part of your BASH experience.
- Hollywood Casino & Mountain View Restaurant
- Grand Ascent & Elegance
- AACA Museum
- A variety of lodging is available near Hollywood Casino and the Hershey area. (Exit 80 on Interstate 81)
BASH Registration: Deadline June 6
Send name(s), phone # and email contact info for each registration.
Please include the number of people planning to attend the Friday evening Hollywood Casino Mountain View Restaurant.
Fee: $35 for each person planning to eat and tour the AACA Museum.
Children six and under free.
Make checks payable to “Wes Rittenhouse” and post to:
8 Apple Street
Annville, PA 17003
More information: Contact Wes Rittenhouse.
(717) 838-5180 or we*************@gm***.com