United 39 Optional Tours
While we hope that participants will attend all events we have planned for this year’s United, there may be some of you that may wish to venture out on your own on certain days, or stay either in Oakville or nearby, before or after the United to make your trip an extended holiday.
Fortunately, Oakville is well situated to access the nearby communities of Toronto, Burlington, Hamilton, and Niagara Falls.
Getting into Toronto
The host hotel is only a block away and a 5-minute walk away from a commuter train station that will get you downtown Toronto in about 30 minutes.
We recommend this option over driving as downtown can become congested at times and parking is relatively expensive.
The GO train connects to Union Station which is right downtown and from there many attractions are within a short walking distance.
Here are some of the attractions that may be of interest to you. You can go to the website link we have provided, and to learn more you could visit Trip Advisor for tips and comments.
Check out the list of area attractions below and download information about restaurants near the hotel, gas stations near by, and the list of attractions in Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Niagara Falls and Toronto
This historical lakefront estate-turned-museum offers tours, exhibitions & local history programs.
- Address: 8 Navy St, Oakville, ON L6J 2Y5
- Phone: (905) 338-4400
- Website: https://oakville.ca/museum/
Small, quaint circa-1888 lighthouse in a hexagonal wooden tower, next to a marina
- Address: 1058 South Service Rd E, Oakville, ON L6J 2X7
- Phone: (416) 900-1102
- Website: https://supercarexperiences.ca/
Flower beds & a rose garden, plus a pond with a fountain in a park with views from a lakeside path.
Royal Botanical Gardens
Royal Botanical Gardens is headquartered in Burlington owning extensive environmental protection areas and cultural gardens lands in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Address: 680 Plains Rd W, Burlington, ON L7T 4H4
- Phone: (905) 527-1158
- Website: https://www.rbg.ca/
Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum
Museum featuring dozens of Canadian military planes, plus aviation exhibits & flight simulators.
- Located in: John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Address: 9280 Airport Rd, Mount Hope, ON L0R 1W0
- Phone: (905) 679-4183
- Website: https://www.warplane.com/
Dundurn Castle is a historic neoclassical mansion on York Boulevard in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. The 1,700-square-metre house took three years and $175,000 to build and was completed in 1835. The forty-room castle featured the latest conveniences of gas lighting and running water.
- Address: 610 York Blvd, Hamilton, ON L8R 3E7
- Phone: (905) 546-2872
- Website: https://www.hamilton.ca/attractions/hamilton-civic-museums/dundurn-national-historic-site
Niagara Falls Attractions
Step inside one of the largest glass-enclosed butterfly conservatories in North America and discover a tropical garden oasis. The Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory features over 2,000 vibrantly coloured butterflies fluttering freely throughout winding pathways adorned with lush vegetation and trickling waterfalls. Your self-guided walking tour begins with a short, informative video presentation.
It is located approximately 9 kilometres north of Niagara Falls on the grounds of the Niagara Parks School of Horticulture, which is 40 hectares in size.
- Located in: Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens
- Address: 2565 Niagara Pkwy, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
- Phone: (905) 358-0025
- Website: https://niagaraparks.com/visit/attractions/butterfly-conservatory/
Niagara SkyWheel is a 175-foot-tall Ferris wheel in the middle of Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls. The ride is approximately 12 to 15 minutes long, giving passengers views of the Niagara River, and the Horseshoe Falls and American Falls, and is open all year, from 9:00 am to 1:00 am.
- Address: 4950 Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls4 Niagara Falls, ON, L2G449
- Phone: +1 (905) 358-4793
- Website: Niagara Skywheel | Niagara Falls Canada (niagarafallstourism.com)
Journey Behind the Falls
Visitors descend 125 ft. by elevator, where a short tunnel gives access to two outdoor observation decks and two portals located directly behind the falls. At Journey Behind the Falls, you’ll experience the awesome spectacle of one-fifth of the world’s freshwater crashing down to the basin below. During the summer daylight hours, over 2,800 cubic meters of water thunders over the brink every second, travelling 65 km per hour!
- Address: 6650 Niagara Pkwy, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 3E8
- Phone: +1 877-642-7275
- Website: Journey Behind the Falls – Packages, Tours, Attraction Info (niagaraparks.com)
Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours
- Address: 61 Melville St, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
- Phone: (905) 468-4800
- Website: https://whirlpooljet.com/
Observation tower featuring sweeping vistas of Niagara Falls plus an arcade & revolving restaurant.
- Address: 5200 Robinson St, Niagara Falls, ON L2G 2A2
- Phone: (905) 356-2651
- Website: Skylon Tower Revolving Restaurant in Niagara Falls Canada – Skylon Tower
Whirlpool Aero Car
The Whirlpool Aero Car or Spanish Aero Car is a cable car located in Niagara Falls, Ontario that transports passengers over a section of the Niagara River referred to as the Niagara Whirlpool. The system was designed by Spanish engineer Leonardo Torres Quevedo and has been upgraded several times since 1916.
- Address: 3850 Niagara Pkwy, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 3E8
- Phone: +1 877-642-7275
- Website: Whirlpool Aero Car – Cable Car Ride over the Niagara Gorge (niagaraparks.com)
Wildplay Zipline to the Falls
On four parallel ziplines that face the American and Canadian Horseshoe Falls, riders dangle from a precarious 67 metre (220 foot) high vantage point. Our fully guided experience adds thrill to the breathtaking panorama as gravity floats riders 670 metres (2,200 feet), at speeds of 70+ kph (40+mph), along the edge of the vast Niagara River gorge to the Falls observation landing.
- Address: 5847 Niagara Parkway, Niagara Falls
- Phone: +1 (800) 263-7073
- Website: https://www.niagarafallstourism.com/play/falls-experiences/wildplay-zipline-to-the-falls/
Features two floors of gaming with 1,500 slot machines, 45 gaming tables, weekly live Niagara entertainment and three different venues for dining and drinks.
- Address: 5705 Falls Avenue, Niagara Falls
- Phone: +1 (188) 832-5578
- Website: Casino Niagara | Niagara Falls Canada (niagarafallstourism.com)
Fallsview Casino Resort
A luxury Ontario casino resort, the Niagara Falls Casino Resort is fun for non-gamblers and gamers alike. In addition to over 100 gaming tables and over 3000 slot machines, Niagara Falls view Casino is one of Canada’s premier destinations for live performances, gaming, a luxury hotel and spa, shopping, and an array of dining options.
- Address: 6380 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls
- Phone: +1 (888) 325-5788
- Website: Fallsview Casino Resort | Niagara Falls Canada (niagarafallstourism.com)
The CN Tower is a 553.3 m-high concrete communications and observation tower in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Built on the former Railway Lands, it was completed in 1976. Its name “CN” referred to Canadian National, the railway company that built the tower.
- Address: 290 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3L9
- Phone: (416) 868-6937
- Website: https://cntower.ca
- Address: 288 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3L9
- Phone: (647) 351-3474
- Website: https://www.ripleyaquariums.com/canada/
Hockey Hall of Fame
The Hockey Hall of Fame is a museum and hall of fame located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Dedicated to the history of ice hockey, it holds exhibits about players, teams, National Hockey League records, memorabilia and NHL trophies, including the Stanley Cup.
- Located in: Brookfield Place
- Address: 30 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5E 1X8
- Phone: (416) 360-7765
- Website: https://www.hhof.com/
Toronto Railway Museum
Indoor-outdoor museum for local railroad history featuring vintage locomotives & a train simulator.
- Located in: Roundhouse Park
- Address: 255 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3M9
- Phone: (416) 214-9229
- Website: https://torontorailwaymuseum.com/
St. Lawrence Market
Since 1803, the St. Lawrence Market has been the community’s beating heart and culinary focal point of the city of Toronto. The Market is a place where the authenticity of truly great food and 120 shopkeepers who care reign above all else.
- Address: 93 Front St E, Toronto, ON M5E 1C3
- Phone: (416) 392-7219
- Website: http://www.stlawrencemarket.com/
Craft Beer Market Toronto
- Located in: Dynamic Funds Tower
- Address: 1 Adelaide St E, Toronto, ON M5C 2V9
- Phone: (437) 922-2337
- Website: https://www.craftbeermarket.ca/our-menus/toronto/
Royal Ontario Museum (ROM)
The Royal Ontario Museum is a museum of art, world culture and natural history in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is one of the largest museums in North America and the largest in Canada. It attracts more than one million visitors every year, making the ROM the most-visited museum in Canada.
- Address: 100 Queens Park, Toronto, ON M5S 2C6
- Phone: (416) 586-8000
- Website: https://www.rom.on.ca/en
Casa Loma is a Gothic Revival castle-style mansion and garden in midtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada, that is now a historic house museum and landmark. It was constructed from 1911 to 1914 as a residence for financier Sir Henry Pellatt. The architect was E. J. Lennox, who designed several other city landmarks.
- Address: 1 Austin Terrace, Toronto, ON M5R 1X8
- Phone: (416) 923-1171
- Website: https://casaloma.ca/
Ontario Science Centre
The Ontario Science Centre, formally the Centennial Museum of Science and Technology, is a science museum in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located near the Don Valley Parkway about 11 kilometres northeast of downtown on Don Mills Road just south of Eglinton Avenue East in the former city of North York.
- Address: 770 Don Mills Rd., North York, ON M3C 1T3
- Phone: (416) 696-1000
- Website: https://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/
The Toronto Zoo is a zoo located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Encompassing 287 hectares, the Toronto Zoo is the largest zoo in Canada. It is divided into seven zoogeographic regions: Indo-Malaya, Africa, Americas, Tundra Trek, Australasia, Eurasia, and the Canadian Domain.
- Address: 2000 Meadowvale Rd, Toronto, ON M1B 5K7
- Phone: (416) 392-5900
- Website: https://www.torontozoo.com/
Events & Festivals (September 15th-19th)
City of Toronto Calendar of Events
Toronto International Film Festival
Founded in 1976, TIFF is now one of the largest and most prestigious events of its kind in the world and attracts many A-list celebrities. Past attendees have been Jon Hamm, Blake Lively, Clive Owen, Ben Affleck, George Clooney, Olivia Wilde, Ryan Gosling, Evan Rachel Wood, Jessica Chastain, Jake Gyllenhaal, Dakota Johnson, Joel Edgerton, Bradley Cooper, Kate Hudson, James Franco, Carey Mulligan, Marion Cotillard, Channing Tatum, Naomi Watts, Eddie Redmayne, Idris Elba, Elizabeth Olsen, Woody Harrelson, Bruce Springsteen, Adrian Grenier, Adam Driver, Taylor Kitsch, Donald Sutherland, Ralph Fiennes, Colin Firth, Kristen Stewart, Emma Watson, Jennifer Lawrence, Keira Knightley, Owen Wilson, etc.
Toronto Blue Jays MLB Baseball vs Rays/Orioles/Phillies
City of Toronto Restaurants
Here’s a list of Toronto Restaurants
Getting to the Toronto
Oakville Go Station
- Address: 200 Cross Ave.
- Phone: 416-869-3200 Toronto (local calling area) 1-888-438-6646 toll-free
- Website: Bus & Train Schedules | Trip Planning | GO Transit
Getting Around the City
The Toronto Transit Commission is the public transport agency that operates bus, subway, streetcar, and paratransit services in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, some of which run into the Peel Region and York Region.
https://www.ttc.ca/routes-and-schedules#/ and a trip planner
Green P Parking
The Toronto Parking Authority, commonly known as Green P for its green-colour branding, is a municipal parking services company owned by the City of Toronto.