Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I can not travel to United 28 this year due to my job, gas prices and the 1600+ miles each way.

Is it possible to arrange a TAC inspection for my car somewhere between the east coast and Kansas?

HI Duke,

That’s a real bummer about not making it to the United 28. Fuel is a killer and over that distance would cost you a small fortune. I thought there were a few TAC inspectors spread around or is that not the case?

Regards, Robin.

quote gtsmrt:

I thought there were a few TAC inspectors spread around or is that not the case?

It seems they are only on the East or West coast which sucks if you live in Kansas.

I believe a minimum of two are required. For several reasons I am sure to include safely in numbers when the owner is told that his car can not be authenticated 😉

Hi Duke,

I believe they will also come to you at your expense of course. You will have to get a partition for the next United in your area. I suppose it comes down to how much we really want our car’s authenticated 😕 .

Regards, Robin.

Fairly sure it takes 3 inspectors. Sorry you won’t make it to the United-if you can wait a year there is SUNI in South Dakota. I am sure cars will be TACed there. Eric

alpine-64
      Participant
        quote gtsmrt:

Hi Duke,

I believe they will also come to you at your expense of course. You will have to get a partition for the next United in your area. I suppose it comes down to how much we really want our car’s authenticated 😕 .

Regards, Robin.

Hay Rob,

I notice you made similar comments on another thread re: TAC and how you didnt have any interest in getting yours done.. just curious as to why, I actually think its a good idea. it certainly can stop any arguments about authenticity.. or start them i guess.

Hi Michael,

It’s not that I wouldn’t like to have the Tiger done, I would. It’s more of a geographical thing as I believe there are some inspectors in Australia (NSW), which was Duke’s issue. We also don’t seem to worry about TAC’s down here so much as the Alger issues are not that great.

Regards, Robin.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.