Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

https://youtu.be/e9FUAvxsrf0 This is a YouTube video posted on Autoweek of a drag race between a LaFerrari , McLaren P1, and a Porsche 918 on a very well prepared track . While all the cars run very quick 1/4 miles times ,however it’s the 1/8 mile times which are more representative of how they would do in a typical street race. The 1/8 mile times are ; LaFerrari (950 hp) 7.72 , McLaren P1 (903 hp) 7.39 , Porsche 918 (887 hp) 7.15. Last Oct. I took the Tiger to the drag strip and here are the times: I run a 8.8 rear end with 3.27 gears with 225/50 15 drag radials . With the hard top the weight is 2330 lbs. still more than 1000lbs. lighter than any of the three other cars. Just an interesting comparison , not that I would ever see one of those cars on the street in Cincinnati.

^^^ Oh yeah, your Tiger is one hooked-up machine 8) …and you’ve definitely "added lightness"!
      Maybe those "hyper cars" have heard that you are around and thus avoid your area all together? 😕
      Good stuff!

Remember what Jerry Porsche always says after he comes back from the drags… "no one want to mess with the xxx man in the Tiger" :mrgreen:

It’s the new cars that will not run the Tiger. Last year at the dead strip I pulled up next to a C6 Corvette Z06 . He motioned for me to go ahead and after I did a solo run , he also did a solo run. When we got back to the pits , I ask him why he would not race . Hs answer was : "I don’t want to be on YouTube getting beat by a 50 year old car."

After being down for over a year the Tiger is back on its PAWS and ready to go to the DynoEdge in Albuquerque to get fired up and retuned .
      Went through the motor and put some better parts in, had the tranny redone, put a full cage certed to 8:50.
      Installed a killer stereo system and new carpet kit:-)
      Have to say it looks good hopefully it runs as good as it looks.
      Will keep you all informed

Sounds good Jerry!
      (not sure where you would find space for any "killer stereo system" tho – or are you referring to the "stereo" killer Turbos? 🙄 )

I wish i could post some pictures but yea its a killer setup

quote Twin Turbo Tiger:

I wish i could post some pictures but yea its a killer setup

If you want to text me some pix… I can work toward putting them up on here.
      and good luck with the tuning!

Mark

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.