Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am going through a bit of an unknown motor in my Tiger. One of the issues I am having concerns the engine venting (PCV and valve cover breather) This motor is fairly high in compression and spits some oil out the valve cover breather when the motor spins past 4000RPM. I have the cast alum Tiger valve covers with the stand off tube on drivers side and PCV grommet on passenger side. Ihave many ideas about what I can do, but would like to hear some actual applications. What are you running in your non-stock tigers for engine venting? Thanks for the ideas.

I am using the same valve covers with roller rockers and no internal baffel. The engine is 10.5 compression,single plane manifold,350hp. I use a Mr.Gasket vent baffel in the filler tube with a K&N filter on top. The other side I use a pvc valve with a filter from a brake booster between the manifold port. The car makes 12 sec. runs all night without spilling a drop.

quote maicoh12:

I am using the same valve covers with roller rockers and no internal baffel. The engine is 10.5 compression,single plane manifold,350hp. I use a Mr.Gasket vent baffel in the filler tube with a K&N filter on top. The other side I use a pvc valve with a filter from a brake booster between the manifold port. The car makes 12 sec. runs all night without spilling a drop.

Thanks for the input maicoh12
      Is the K&N filter the style that clamps over the vent tube, or does it go inside the Mr Gasket vent baffle? On the PCV side, what “filter” are you speaking of from the brake booster. I know there is a check valve in most boosters, but I can’t recall a filter. Would you mind elaborating on your engine and cooling system build? Also, what size tires and what rear gear ratio are you running along with tranny type. I am slowly getting my Tiger in running order, but there are a few details that need attending to before I can call it reliable. Thanks again and have a great day.

Cleardan, the baffle is placed inside your vent tube and the K&N is clamped over the tube. The filter is off a GM car, it went between the manifold and the brake booster. It helps filter out the oil and cutting down the amount of air being sucked in (lean problem at idle). The cooling system is a thick core radiator(brass) with a 14in. elec. fan in front. I used a very thin sheet of aluminum and made the shroud bottom complete. I use a aluminum ford pulley set for a 65 mustang(water pump overdriven) and a 14in. flex a lite fan. The engine combo is a hybrid, 5 bolt 289 block,302 crank,289 rods,KB’s cut to zero deck,69 351 heads with chevy valves cut down to 2.0 intake & 1.58 exh. race ported, sharp rockers,edelbrock rpm cam,mallory dizzy,weiand excelerator,650dp holley, boss 302 windage tray,moroso road race pan,edelbrock water pump. Behind it is a modified C4 manual shift and 3.54 posi. I run 245-50-15 dunlops in the rear and 205-50-15’s up front on auto drag rims. Right now i’m using Dale A’s rear leafs with weld on traction bars and still spin half way down the track. I am making a set of cal trac type traction bars and hope to have them on soon.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.