Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Here are 4 different Tiger side emblems-were there any other ones used over the years?
      thanks, Eric

DSC00127.JPG
      You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

4th attempt to post — paid my dues so why am I unable to view the foto?

alpine-64
      Participant

i dont tyhink its a membership issue.. think eric must have linked the photos to another site.. or a locked part of this site?.. i am guessing these are pisc of sheilds:
        "alpine 260" – euro market
        "powered by ford 260" – all early MKI’s in USA and UK
        "sunbeam 260" – Uk spec square corner cars
        "sunbeam V8" – MKIA and MKII

I don’t understand what is going on with the photo I posted. I can see it on my home PC-where I loaded the photo and also at my work PC. When I log out of the forum I cannot see the photo and get the same message that Allan did? So no one can see this photo of the 4 Tiger side emblems? Michael did a great job explaining what they were-thanks. Eric
        PS-can you see this Harrington brochure???

Attachments:

This is the message I get in your posting in reference to the photos or the Harrington brochure.

"You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

Fred Baum

Well there is a problem with this website and posting photos. Can anyone figure this out?
        Thanks, Eric

Anyone can post photos that are hosted elsewhere. Here’s the instructions.

Only club members who have joined the PaidMember Usergroup can attach files to the post. There is an application process in the forum software since our membership database isn’t attached to the forum in any way.

Read this set of directions if you want to apply to belong to this group.

"sunbeam 260" – Uk spec square corner cars

My early MK 1a Tiger has the Sunbeam 260 badge on the boot, side badges are missing. So far as I can tell it’s a very original car still in factory paint but no way to know if it left the factory with the same badge…

alpine-64
        Participant

Allan,

The sunbeam 260 badge should be on the UK cars from what i understand.. the sqaure cornered bonnet and door MKI’s. (pre IA).. but perhaps some early cross over body IA’s had them? Do you have a sqaure or round corner boot (trunk)?

(Downloading and viewing of attachments by anyone should be fixed. It was a permissions issue only for this forum, and didn’t affect the other ones for some reason. Slip of the mouse. Sorry for the confusion.)

alpine-64
          Participant

YEAY… now i can see the photos..

Hey eric.. now for the anorak point.. the "SUNBEAM V8" one on the far let is a repro isn’t it?

Hi Michael
            You mean the far right?
            That is an OEM one in very nice condition……. cheers, Eric

alpine-64
            Participant

hey eric.. yes i meant the far right.. must tbe the angle of the photo.. doesnt have that shiney chrome look and normally they have the over chrome in the little recesses for the moutnig cutouts.. BTW.. did you get my email about a friend needing some wheel trims for his S3?

Allan,

The sunbeam 260 badge should be on the UK cars from what i understand.. the sqaure cornered bonnet and door MKI’s. (pre IA).. but perhaps some early cross over body IA’s had them? Do you have a sqaure or round corner boot (trunk)?

Michael,

Square corner doors and bonnet — round corner boot.

Definitely a USA car as documented in the Book of Norman and also TAC’d. — …091 vin

What is a "cross over body"?

What does the Book of Norman say on these badges. I had use of a loaner copy briefly but did not
              get to check out these badges.

According to the Book of Norman, this car was produced in Aug 1965 among the first batch although it is titled as a 1966 model.

Allan

alpine-64
              Participant

Allan,

your car is a cross over body.. basically as they transioned from the SV to SV. the doors and bonnet got the square corners but the trunk (boot) still had the round corners they are often reffered to as SIVA. Shortly after all hengined panels had the square corners.. some early SV’s still have the round corner trunk as they transionted to the new square style.

Viewing 14 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.