Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi , I am hoping to put new tires on my car (1967 Alpine) before the BASH. Currently have Chinese Milestar which have felt OK for a few years but however had one fail last year at the United. It seems like the choice is Kumho 185/70 r13 which has a measured diameter of 23.2″ and I think is OK for the 4.5″ rim width of a 67 Alpine.

I am wondering what other people are buying. In the last ten years the 13″ choices have dried up.
      Coker is still offering Michlins but at over $300 per tire.

Any suggestions? I like keeping my stock wheels and hubcaps but there would be more choices by changing to go 14″ rim.

Dave

Richard Fritz
      Participant

Dave… 3 years ago I replaced the tires on my 63 GT. I researched the size and brands for the car. I looked at everything from original size, tall tires to more modern wider tires. I also studied the rolling radius of these tires to find the one comparable to the original tires. I came up with the Maxxis MA 200 185/70-13 tire. They fit the stock 13-inch wire wheels and filled the wheel-wells nicely without and tire rub, front or rear. Unfortunately, these tires are no longer available, and the replacement tire isn’t available in 13″.
        Your choice of Kumho 185/70-13 is a good choice. Check out thin website for availability and price. They are listed at $86 each and delivered to your door in 2 days. I liked Simple Tire and their service.
        Rich

Richard Fritz
        Participant

Forgot to add website link:
          https://simpletire.com/tire-sizes/185-70r13

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.