Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      James Lindner
      Keymaster

Tigers at Boca Raton Concours

Hi All

On Sunday 26 February 2012 the 6th Boca Raton Concours d’Elegance was held at the Boca Raton Resort. Although rain threatened to dampen this great event, the weather cooperated for most of the day and 200 plus cars showed up, plus a couple thousand spectators.

Three Tigers owned by TE/AE members were accepted and displayed at the show. In addition to my own very early MkI, the 33rd Tiger produced, those participating included the beautiful MkII of Stewart Wallach who returned for 2012 after winning a 3rd Place in Class and 3rd Place People’s Choice Award at the 2011 show. Also showing was the Black/Tan MkI of Gerard Mcshane. Gerard’s car was the Tiger shown at the 1965 New York Auto Show and Gerard is the original owner.

Our Tigers were in the highly competitive Foreign Sports Car 1960-75 class. Included in that class were over 20 cars including four Ferraris, four E Type Jaguars, and an AC MA200 prototype. Although the Tigers did not bring home any awards this year, it was great to see three Tigers displayed at a Concours of this caliber. They also generated lots of interest from the public, many of whom rarely get a chance to see a Tiger, much less three quality examples. At the end of the day, a Ferrari 1960 250 Cabriolet won the Best in Class.

I apologize for no photos but I can not seem to get them uploaded.

Jim

A HUGE thumbs up to the Tigers and their owners representing and promoting the Marque at such a prestigious event!!
        Maybe I’ll see a photo in AutoWeek?
        thanks for posting, Jim.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.