Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Philip Pyren
      Participant

I’m looking for a pair of the tiger trunk platform dzus brackets.

Thanks, Phil

Paul and Mary Freen
        Participant

Sunbeam Specialties sells new ones, which look the same as your photo.

Philip Pyren
          Participant

I’ll try them. Back in April Rick stated he didn’t have a supplier now for the brackets and couldn’t get them unless found a new source. I haven’t found them in stock on any of the British sites either.

Paul and Mary Freen
            Participant

I bought two in August of 2021 from Rick. I don’t know of another source.
              Sorry.

Philip Pyren
              Participant

I found a set of the brackets.

Donald Berkley
                Participant

I am also in need of the dzus parts for the boot platform. I do not need a source for the parts as they are quite commonly used for many racing (and other) applications.

What I do need is the diameter of the fastener shank or button… the part that 1/4 turns onto the wire part. They come in different diameters. I could also use the dimensions of the bracket that holds the wire and screws to the rear of the trunk.

Would someone take a quick measure of these parts and post them?

Thanks for your time and attention.

Donald Berkley
                  Participant

Never mind my previous post about dzus parts dimensions. I am going to use 7/16″ dimaeter buttons. I have found the following source for dzus fasteners…
                    https://www.specialty-fasteners.com/DZUS-FASTENERS-s/248.htm
                    I can fabricate what I need from the parts that they have available.

warren-g
                    Participant

I have 3 of the ones that mount to the boot floor. I have a lot of things listed on Craigslist Los Angeles if you keyword Sunbeam TIger it’s easy to find..

Dzus Fastners come in different lengths etc. also there are different spring heights you can adjust the length with the spring you select ……there are also brackets available that are. flat all you need to is brake 90 deg. (speedway motors for one.)

Donald Berkley
                      Participant

I agree. It will not be difficult to manufacture the Dzus fittings and specialty-fasteners.com has all the parts that I need for reasonable prices. Also, I looked through my box of Alpine parts (I’ve owned 3 or so Alpines over the years but never actually drove any of them) and I found one original female Dzus part with the spring that I can use as a model. I should be good now.

Gee, I also found a half dozen of the trunk lid stop bumper parts, which my Tiger never had.

My Tiger will be a driver. The last time I spent a lot of time with it was 38 years ago. It’s been in the garage all that time. I was going to do everything myself and my wife (God Bless Her) said I should just have the body done by a pro. “That way it will get done”, she said.

So, I stripped the body of everything and found a pro that I really liked. I got it back just before the new year. Now I am in the process of putting it back together.

38 years ago I did not have the Internet. Now I can look at pictures that often show me items that my Tiger had been missing and I am including those as I put it back together. My Tiger was mostly complete body wise and mechanically. It is nice to be able to add the smaller items that were missing.

By late Spring or early Summer, there will be another Tiger loose on the streets.

I have attached a picture of my Tiger as it left the shop to come home.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.