Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

We had a fun weekend for our Tiger’s 50th Birthday (Jensen build date of 10/18/65) at the SAAC Northeast Regional Meet (based out of Allentown PA this year)
      A 70 mile scenic tour on Saturday, great evening at the "America on Wheels" Museum, and Sunday Car Show at Macungie Memorial Park.
      Arrived home Sunday evening to find that Sandra had made an actual cake (to go with the cake sign that I had made for the car show) ๐Ÿ˜€

James Lindner
      Keymaster

Mark

Happy Birthday…a nice way to celebrate a milestone day.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I was most pleased that the "big day" ended up being at the show and part of a weekend where we were really enjoying the car.
        Here are the 2 Tigers on the show field (the "Exotic Ford" class), photo from Lehigh Valley SAAC’s Diana Duffee:

My Tiger will only be 49 tomorrow. Although it’s my second Tiger, I sold my first Tiger when it was only 9 years old. I’ve had plenty of toys (cars, boats, motorcycles) over the years, but never got over that first Tiger.
        I really didn’t know how much until Jay Leno posted a video a few years ago with Mike Michaels (CAT President)
        So for my Tiger’s birthday I’ve posted a counter video to Jay Leno as to why he is missing a Tiger in his collection.
        Note the TEAE sticker on the window.

^^^ Cool 8) Nice work Tom… I guess Jay does know what he is missing ๐Ÿ™„

What is that youngster’s s/n? I didn’t realize how few cars they made in a year.
        Do you have a B.o.N. then?

Thanks Mark,

Mine is ****2565, (also the Tiger’s weight) Produced bout 6 weeks before the MKII, and titled as a ’67. I don’t have a BON, but can borrow one when curious.
        I see you keep running into Rick and Jackie at your events. You’ll have to join us for Brits at the Beach in Ocean Grove next year.

Tom

https://britsonthebeach2015.shutterfly. … ures/20#87

quote TAH_Tiger:

Thanks Mark,
        Mine is ****2565, (also the Tiger’s weight) Produced bout 6 weeks before the MKII, and titled as a ’67. I don’t have a BON, but can borrow one when curious.
        Tom

Thanks Tom.
        Hmmm… so they made about 1900 Tigers from Oct 65 (our #****0688) to Oct 66 (your # above). Interesting.

I think that we met Rich & Jackie at the first NE Regional event in 2010 when they "just" had that ’66 GT350. At that time they were both "former Tiger owners" and "wanna be Tiger owners". Now that they are Tiger owners [twice now, recently] it is kinda fun, but we no longer have the monopoly on Tigers at the SAAC events in this area ๐Ÿ˜•

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.