Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Rehman
      Participant

does anyone know of a current source and/or part number for the Tiger rear drive shaft flange ?

James Lindner
        Keymaster

Robert

The parts manual shows two different numbers for diff flange. mk2 is shown as Rootes P/N 5058347 and for the Mk1 as Rootes P/N 5042541. There is no entry for the Dana part numbers for either of these.

As for a source, I am afraid I cannot help.The Tiger used a Dana 44 rear end (aka Salisbury 4HA). Might try google search for parts for those rear ends.

Hoping somebody else will chime in.

Jim

I have a coarse spline flange, which is what most Tigers had. TT

Robert Rehman
          Participant

Thanks for the replies but what I’m asking about is the drive shaft end flange at the rear of the driveshaft. It;s a 1310 u-joint but that’s all I can find out so far. The drive shaft I have is missing that flange end. Once again thanks for the help.

James Lindner
            Keymaster

Robert

OK…here is the prop shaft diagram from the Tiger work shop manual. The red arrow points to the flange yoke and the blue arrow the u joint. Not sure which you are looking for but these are the Rootes Part Numbers…

Flange Yoke. 5042793
              UJoint (journal). 5042795

Hope it helps.

Jim

James Lindner
              Keymaster

OBTW…u joints are available from both Sunbeam Specialties and Classic Sunbeam.

Robert Rehman
                Participant

yep the red arrow part is it but nobody crosses to rootes numbers these days, u-joint is 1310 series precision #344 and readily available, yokes for jaguars with dana 44’s are shown but nothing relating to tigers, that’s where I need the help. THANKS

James Lindner
                  Keymaster

Robert

I am assuming you are not a Facebook user, so I took the liberty of posting your needed part to the TEAE Facebook page. If you are a FB user just go to the Tigers East Alpines Eadt FB page and you can see any replies for yourself. Otherwise, I will get back to you with any results.

Jim

Robert Rehman
                    Participant

Thank you. I’m almost computer illiterate. It took me 2 yrs to figure out how to post here. Some might say I’m pretty good with my hands though.

James Lindner
                      Keymaster

Robert

Ron Stein up in Ontario has one. Will send you email with his contact info.

Jim

Robert Rehman
                        Participant

Thank you so much. Will have to get my wife to help me. I don’t know an E-mail from a hole in the ground as they say but she does. Thank the Lord for wives.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.