Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Everybody loves pictures, here are a few of my latest project. Bought sight unseen from NC last summer and it was delivered to Ma this past Friday.

Notice in the last pic the "flare" welded under the fender lip covered with fully 1" of body filler. Looking at a two year time frame, even that might be optimistic. Bob

You know the old saying, it’ll take twice as long and cost 3 times as much as you think it will. You’ll have a better idea once all that bondo is stripped off. Godd luck.

That’s funny, the old inspection sticker says "approved for daylight use only".

You’ve got a worthy project ahead of you.

Good grief, I’ve budgeted two years and 10K, don’t tell me to multiply by 2 or 3 times , I’m 76 and hope to finish this thing while I can still drive. I’m not looking to build a show car (sorry) my plan is a decent looking , good running DRIVER. I owned one back in ’66 when I was big into autocrossing so this is just for fun. I have a couple older cars that are well sorted and don’t need much and I had this need to get something I could get my hands dirty on. Do you think I have succeeded ?

I never noticed that notation on the inspection sticker, can’t imagine why, it has all it’s lights, although I don’t know if any of them work. The chassis is quite rust free with the original inner and outer rockers but the trunk floor is mostly missing and the other floors marginal. Frame rails and spring attachments are good though.

Actually if I never finish it that’s OK along as I enjoy playing around with it. I’ll probably be back here looking for parts and advice. Car came with a lot of used parts so I may be looking to barter some of what I have for what I need. Bob

Pack up your spares this autumn and come to the United in Indiana… there will be plenty of advice and bartering opportunities. 😉

Day light if the sticker was punched! I wonder were this car was hideing :mrgreen:

lets guess what the org. color is, I say color code 100 :mrgreen:

Oh and I have some spare parts too let me know!

Boy starting a project when your in your 70’s I really commend you and good luck with the project. 8)
      Keep us up to date with the progress

Somebody has xray vision or you saw a post I made on the British Car Forum. Yes, it is code 100 ! If all goes well it will be again someday.

This car comes from Wilmington NC, it was advertized on Craigs list back in August. It spent the winter in Denver NC before getting liberated by my son last week.

Don’t let that "age" stuff bother anybody. I was 67 when I started building my Factory Five C*bra replica. Remember the old saying "You’re only as old as you feel" , works for me. (Refereed two youth soccer games this afternoon). Bob

quote claf:

Somebody has xray vision or you saw a post I made on the British Car Forum. Yes, it is code 100 ! If all goes well it will be again someday.

This car comes from Wilmington NC, it was advertized on Craigs list back in August. It spent the winter in Denver NC before getting liberated by my son last week.

Don’t let that “age” stuff bother anybody. I was 67 when I started building my Factory Five C*bra replica. Remember the old saying “You’re only as old as you feel” , works for me. (Refereed two youth soccer games this afternoon). Bob

Yea I take that attitude also "you’re only as old as you feel" darn I’m getting old 😆
      No not really I’m still enjoying the car and working on it and making it a little faster each time 😈

Started looking at the brake system today, might as well get it to stop before i get to go, huh ? Anyway ,at first glance I’ll need a pair of rear wheel cylinders and shoes. In the front I’m hoping to get away with caliper repair kits. This brings me to tonight’s question. I’m going to string all new brake piping , is it "regular size" as available at NAPA for instance ? Or does is have some obscure English or Metric size fittings ? Thanks, Bob

The fittings are the same but the flare on the end of the brake line is what is called a bubble flare-it is convex instead of concave on the end. These lines are available from British parts suppliers in generic lengths and you can bend them to fit or you can buy the correct flaring tool and make your own.
      http://www.apexinds.com/mm5/merchant.mv … gory_Code=
      Good luck. Eric

Autozone carries the break lines as well, with the right ends! 8)

Jeff Nichols
      Participant

This web site has pre-made brake lines, fuel lines. http://www.classictube.com/ I bought the brake lines but have not installed them.

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.