Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Here’s a six-bladed fan that I didn’t have to trim at all to fit into my Tiger and it fits the bill much like the $200+ trimmed & balanced Ford six-blade fans seen on eBay. Plus, the center didn’t need to be opened up, like many others out there.

http://www.greensalescompany.com/

C9RZ 8600 A

First off, I bought this fan after talking with a gentleman at Green Sales Company whose name I can’t recall. I called in March 2006 looking to find out if they had the infamous C9DZ- or C4DE-8600A fan from the multiple tech tips out there, and this guy asked me what it was going in. I explained I was space limited and was looking for a six-blade fan, around 15 to 15 1/2" to go into a Sunbeam Tiger. It’s been a year and a half, I can’t recall exactly what the diameter was that I needed but this one that he found for me works great.

I haven’t had a real chance to check it out, but my one and only trip through traffic was in LA and no issues. I would like to get a shroud to improve my airflow even more, but this was a dramatic difference.

Bottom line – I got an OEM NOS Ford six-blade fan that fits great in the engine compartment for under $40 delivered to my door (I think it might have been cheaper) and I want to share this with the Tiger owners out there seeking a six-blade fan that will help improve cooling.

Jeff Nichols
      Participant

If you check National Parts Depot they sell a generic Derale six blade 15 inch for $28.00. No need to buy from E$bay unless you need the parts number stamped on the fan.

[quote="Adventurer_96"]
        I haven’t had a real chance to check it out, but my one and only trip through traffic was in LA and no issues. I would like to get a shroud to improve my airflow even more, but this was a dramatic difference.
        quote]

Hi,

As you don’t actually have a shroud on your Tiger, will you still be able to get it to fit when you do get a shroud?

Regards, Robin.

quote gtsmrt:

Hi,

As you don’t actually have a shroud on your Tiger, will you still be able to get it to fit when you do get a shroud?

Regards, Robin.

Sorry for the late reply, it was just pointed out to me I didn’t leave the part number.

I believe it would. If you’d like to send me a shroud to test out, I’d be happy to help…

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.