Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul and Mary Freen
      Participant

Has anyone installed a worm gear type limited slip differential in their Tiger? I am looking at a Nitro brand but the Quaife and Speedmaster are also the worm gear type for the Dana 44, 19 spline rear end for the Tiger.

Bruce Stutzman
        Participant

I put a Quaife in mine.

Bruce Stutzman

Paul and Mary Freen
          Participant

What model number Quaife did you put in? I could not find a quaife lsd listed for a Sunbeam Tiger.

Bruce Stutzman
            Participant

LSD#QDF1W/S from Quaife Engineering in England.
              It is listed for Reliant Scimitar.

John Davis
              Participant

I just had a Speedmaster installed. The rear end shop couldn’t set the end play. Specs call for .006 to .008 in. I have about a 1/4″ on each side. Today I received a reply from Speedmaster regarding how to get the axles to seat properly. The response was ” Tell your shop they “need to do a 1-piece axle conversion”.

Well, that requires replacing the tapered axles with straight axles that have the hub as part of the assembly. This would also require new seals and axle bearings. They had no information on what axles, bearings, seals, etc. would work.

John Davis
                  Participant

Did you have any issues installing the LSD#QDF1W/S? Did it require different carrier bearings from the stock Tiger bearings? Is it drilled for 3/8″ or 7/16″ bolts for the ring gear?

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.