Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I know its a long shot, but does anybody have a a drivers side ploor pan for a Mk1A? Or a source?
      Thanks….

Rick Lara
      Participant

Hello:

There was a fellow in Barrie Ontario Canada named Rob Martel who used to reproduce such parts but I believe he no longer does. However, there is a fellow in Ontario Canada by the name of Chris Lunn that does reproduce some of our Tiger/Alpine sheet metal parts. He usually does this as a favor to his friends and Rootes aficionados. He is also located in Ontario, Canada near Sarnia (about an hour or so from Detroit). His e-mail address is: chrislunn@xecelco.on.ca> and his telephone number is (519) 899-2313. Chris (and a group of his fellow Canadian "BRIT" car owners) have joined myself and John Logan on some past Michigan TE/AE member cruises and so mention our names when and if you contact him and that you belong to TE/AE. I am not sure if he makes the part you need.

Good Luck

Rick Lara

Randy Willets says he has a ol guy that has original blueprints, and car make almost any sunbeam panel.

Mike Schreiner
        Participant

Here is the Link to a guy that has started making them http://www.alfaparts.net/sunbeam.htm

0neoffive
          Participant
            quote ironbeast:

I know its a long shot, but does anybody have a a drivers side ploor pan for a Mk1A? Or a source?
            Thanks….

Yup, we make them to factory specs. < willett581@msn.com > keeping em’ runnin’, randy

I have had the chance to use many metal panels from Chris Lunn over the last ten years. He told me last year that he was not interested in expanding the business and did not feel the need for any promotion. You will be lucky to have heard of him if you can get metal parts for your Sunbeam from him.

Gilles

Dear Sir

For the past 15 years,I have been stamping floor pans for Alpines and Tigers .
            Which I have supplied Rob Martel with all his floor pans, which he called his own
            and sold everywhere. I still stamp the floor pans and have several sets in stock for sale.
            My name is Dave Lameront my email address is dlameront@hotmail.com if you are interested .
            I have been told my panels are very correct and I have shipped them all across North America,
            with no complaints.

Regards
            Dave Lameront

0neoffive
            Participant
              quote panelman:

Dear Sir

Which I have supplied Rob Martel with all his floor pans, which he called his own
              and sold everywhere. I still stamp the floor pans and have several sets in stock for sale.
              My name is Dave Lameront my email address is dlameront@hotmail.com if you are interested .
              I have been told my panels are very correct and I have shipped them all across North America,
              with no complaints.

Regards
              Dave Lameront

Hi: What else do you make for Sunbeams? thx

0neoffive
              Participant
                quote panelman:

Dear Sir

with no complaints.

Regards
                Dave Lameront

Hi: I noted in your photos that the stampings are just that, stampings. There are no roll or steps on the panel edges to duplicate the correct shape and varied steps in the original floor systems. These things (shrink & stretch) would still have to be done to a correct pattern. The correct rear floor buckets should also include the roll up the back bulkhead to the deck seam. But it certainly is a very helpful start. thx

warren-g
                Participant

I have two S1V cars to be taken apart. I bought em as one day driving my wife’s 64 Falcon I got rear ended. Long story short it was a slight battle to keep the car as the ins. co. wanted to total the car. I bought a whole post sedan for 100.00 and saved the car. Hope that never happens again but look at the guy in the CAT forum "wounded Tiger"
                  When you play hard toys get broken….

Viewing 9 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.