Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeffrey Randall
      Participant

Hi guys, Any chance we could get a TAC session up here in the NE this spring, I have atleast 3 cars possibly 4. I’m sure if it were set up there would be plenty of interest.
        Thanks,
        Jeff

Maybe if there was a good British show up there, some inspectors may get interested.
        (I’m not an inspector and in NJ.)

There is a big British car show in Stowe VT. If it is still on this year it will be held 13th, 14th and 15th of August 2021. https://vtauto.org/vermont-car-shows/stowe-auto-show/.

I have a Tiger that needs to be done and a friend in Salem N.Y. wants to get his done also. Count us in. Chris

Hey Chris, Like minds think the same! Figured I would swee if there is anything cooking on a TAC. Thanks for putting my name forward!

Al Savage
        Participant

Hey there my name is Al I just joined the club I live in the Pocono mountains and have two tigers that need to be done as well please advise me if anything comes together please let me know thanks ?

You probably know that getting a Tiger TAC inspection requires a team of three certified inspectors. One of those inspectors must be a senior inspector. All of the inspectors are volunteers. In other words, there is no compensation for inspectors time or expense.

I am a senior inspector and I have a cadre of inspectors in the Baltimore Washington area that work with me. We generally try to field a team at major TEAE events during the year and occasionally do a local (to us) event. If there is enough demand in an area (six or seven cars) we try to travel to the area and meet that request.

That said, with the pandemic, we have not done any inspections since February 2020. As you may imagine there is pent up demand for TAC inspections. Once the pandemic subsides, we will start doing TAC inspections again.

If you are interested in bringing your car to the Baltimore Washington area for an inspection, let me know.

If someone is willing to take the lead in a geographical area and get a commitment for 6 or 7 cars, arrange for a place to do the inspections, and any other logistics, we will make every effort to travel to that location.

As an example, we flew a team into Albany some years back and used a hotel entrance way to do the inspections since it was raining. The hotel was about 20 minutes from the airport. Several of the Tiger owners were staying at the hotel and the manager was willing to accommodate his guests.

More recently, an owner in the Pittsburg area assembled a group of cars for inspection at the Shelby Convention. He arranged for the use of one of the garages at the track for the inspections. It was a five hour drive for the TAC team. Seeing a GT40, some Cobras, and GT350s at speed on the road course provided some compensation.

Send an email to tcalvert@syntek.org with your contact information, your location, and if you have any interest in bringing your car to the Baltimore Washington area. I will file your information along with the others that I already have. I will send a notice to you when we start doing inspections again.

Currently, the only planned inspection even is at SUNI VII in Independence, MO Sep 13-17, 2021. That is assuming SUNI VII takes place as planned.

Tom Calvert

I own a 5 bay shop in Chester N.H. love to host an inspection day or weekend..I know it’s a long shot but I need a car looked at also.I’m less than an hour from Boston, and about 2.5 hours from Stow V.t.. I’d be willing to split travel expenses for inspectors if others were like minded and could make the trip to N.H. 03036. FARRS AUTO REPAIR 603-329-4567. FARRS4567@GMAIL.COM.

I had a post on the TEAE Facebook page a while back looking to get this together. I looked like there were several cars We got 9 in the Northeast out of that. Count me and my friend Chris Perkins in on this. I can make a $ contribution to the cause

Any News on the attempt to get a TAC Session in the Northeast?

The Northeast TAC is coming together. Please PM me with contact information if you want to attend. We need 8-10 cars to make this happen. Proposed dates MId October in Chester, NH. More details to follow.

I would like to extend thanks to all that made the Northeast TAC event happen. Carol and I had a good time meeting everyone at Randy’s barn and having the chance to look at so many great looking Tigers.

Viewing 11 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.