Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Just a teaser to show you what my son and I have been up to. What do you think about a replacement suspension for a Tiger that would bolt into the car without any permanent modifications, so you could keep the original crossmember in storage for the day you want to return the car to its original condition? An adjustable coil-over, tubular A-arm suspension with improved geometry and relocated steering rack that vastly reduces turning radius by correcting the dreaded reverse Ackerman angle problem? And as a plus removes 45 lbs from the front end? And easily lets you upgrade to larger brakes?
      I am currently testing the prototype and so far it’s been everything I have been hoping for. I’ll let you know more later.

Hi Bob,

Awesome work 8) . I have been longing for the day that someone would finally start developing the suspension setup on Alpine/Tigers. It looks great and maybe you should look at a patent if you haven’t already. Would there be much involved in adapting your setup for the Alpine? Are you looking at a rear setup, maybe a four or five link setup?

Keep up the great work, Robin. ๐Ÿ™‚

Bob
      You are a teaser !!!!!!
      If you need a car to be your test mule give me a call, awesome looking work.

Looks fantastic!

How about a tech article for the Rootes Review once you have everything sorted out?

Plan on selling these?

Fred Baum

It sure looks like you did as lot of work before you pu this together.
      It will even fit my Sunbeam Venezia. In fact I’ll tell Roger Foote in Australia who is building a V8 ( Tigerized ! ) Venezia!
      Robert

Good Work!
      How can I get one… I can build if you’re sharing the specifications.
      Cheers,
      Bill

For those interested in more information about the suspension replacement we
      did in my Tiger go to:
      http://www.toyzjunkie.com and click on the New Tiger Suspension tag.
      After driving the car for the past couple of months, I must say it now
      handles better than it ever has. The car will turn inside a circle of 29ft
      9in (as measured to the outside of the tires) with no tire scrub… and I
      have a Power Lok LSD. That’s about 8 ft less than a stock Tiger.
      It uses QA1 12 way adjustable coilover shocks for easy ride-height
      adjustment and spring replacement.
      For more information please contact Mike at: hokey@oasisol.com

I’ve updated the prototype unit that was built last year with a new lighter crossmember along with new upper control arms that offer quick, easy adjustment. Installed it last week in Idaho and it really performs well. I hope to have another built for Tigers United in June in Grants Pass. Photos can be seen on the website Toyzjunkie.com

quote Nevadanut:

I’ve updated the prototype unit that was built last year with a new lighter crossmember along with new upper control arms that offer quick, easy adjustment. Installed it last week in Idaho and it really performs well. I hope to have another built for Tigers United in June in Grants Pass. Photos can be seen on the website Toyzjunkie.com

Hi, are you guys planning on selling these units at any point?

I’ve built a few so far with excellent results. I’m in the process of digging through the pile of legalities and liabilities concerned with this type of component. They are extremely time consuming to fabricate and not many people understand the process of fabricating a complex unit like this. It worked well at Tigers United at the autocross and I also had one on display so people could see what it looked like. It brought a lot of conversation and intrigued a lot of people. More photos can be seen on the website.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.