Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Gregg Byxbee
      Participant

Can anybody recommend a good, reliable shop that will take a stock Mk1A radiator and do the upgrade for flow rate, capacity, or whatever they do to help the car run a little cooler as well as keep the stock look and dimensions? I’ve tried emailing tigerengineering.net but no replies.

Thanks!

William LeGacy
        Participant

don’t know where you’re located.i had my radiator re-cored at Sanford Radiator in Sanford,Maine.fellas name is tony wolfinger.does a quality job for a fair price.installed a high efficiency core(more fins,smaller tubes to slow down flow).I installed a larger six blade fan,blocked the horn holes etc.only down side ,I have to blow the dead bugs out of the radiator with compressed air occasionally.

Mine was recored with a HD core from Pacific Radiator, Langley BC.

My radiator shop says they are superior to other cores. Core cost was $404.

WOn’t get to test it until I get my engine back in though.

They said the original core was good for a forklift going 3-5 mph………………

My stock radiator was recored by a local shop a bunch of years back. They got the core from "Maine Radiator" or something like that. 3 rows of 36 tubes each. It fit perfectly, much better cooling. Getting stuck in traffic on a hot day is still a bit iffy. But I still have the stock shroud and fan, with only the horn holes blocked.

Stu

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.