Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My steering wheel is in pretty bad shape. Are there any alternatives available and sources for a Mk1A? There seems to be an issue with the availability of the hub. Thanks

John

Hi John,

There are alternatives to the stock steering wheel, but all comes down to the almighty dollar. You may be able to find a reconditioned steering wheel on Ebay or through clubs, but be prepared to get into a bidding war on Ebay. Mota-Lita have some beautiful steering wheels available, but you pay high prices for them and the other is Mountney (UK). Mountney look nice, but don’t come close to Mota-Lita. Both have the steering boss for the Tiger’s.

Regards, Robin.

quote heff123:

My steering wheel is in pretty bad shape. Are there any alternatives available and sources for a Mk1A? There seems to be an issue with the availability of the hub. Thanks
      John

John, the Moto-Lita is a nice wheel for the Tiger with a quality look about it. I like the leather 14 in but wood rims look good too.

The proper hubs are expensive, as they are not plentiful, but I have a good tip to save some money if you dont mind a bit of work: Use a Ford Cortina hub type B18 which are plentiful (I have a couple!) and have the correct splines. They are slightly shorter though, and the adjuster will protrude about 10mm from the hub unless you fabricate a shorter adjuster (as I have done).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.