Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

On my Tiger M1A when the soft top is up the cover that is supposed to cover the top when down, is to be used to cover the boot area where the top is stored. MY PROBLEM IS THAT IT SAGGS AND LOOKS LIKE CRAP. THOUGHT ABOUT PUTING IN A COUPLE BOTTON SNAPS TO HOLD IN PLACE. ANY ONE TRIED THE BUTTON SNAPS?? THANKS EARL BLUOVAL

Hi Earl,

I think this is a problem that we all have unless already addressed. The two straps just don’t seem to do the job and mine is the same. A third strap the same as the original two in the middle would help out and I think stop the sagging. It is a bit of effort, but should work.

Regards, Robin.

alpine-64
      Participant

I think the issue is often the straps are not set to be stretched enough, if they have good tension they hold the cover up, if they are slightly slack or no longer elastic the cover will sag. Rob, you posted some pics of these recently and i noticed they were sagging alittle, if they have to be stretched to hook through the retainer on the body.. and if the tennax fastener has to be a tight fit to get on it holds together quite well.

Bob and Jean Webb
        Participant

my boot covers have thin cardboard sewn in them .makes them a lot stiffer and they don’t sag much . very easy fix . i only have it in the center section .

quote alpine_64:

I think the issue is often the straps are not set to be stretched enough, if they have good tension they hold the cover up, if they are slightly slack or no longer elastic the cover will sag. Rob, you posted some pics of these recently and i noticed they were sagging alittle, if they have to be stretched to hook through the retainer on the body.. and if the tennax fastener has to be a tight fit to get on it holds together quite well.

Hi Michael,

Are the straps adjustable? I have never really had a close look at them as that is how I remember them. If they are not adjustable, that is how Mal installed them and I doubt they are stretch as Dad hardly had the top up.

Regards, Robin.

alpine-64
          Participant

Rob,

They are not adjustable, i guess it depends if the ones you had from mal are original, repro from a supplier or he made them himself. The straps are kind of like the soft tops.. unless you install them just right,, they wont fit just right. In the photos yours didnt look to have any tension in the strap.. they were hanging, if they are tought they will support the cover from underneath, if the part with the tennax fasener is a little shorter it pulls the top back towards the rear of the car, this combined holds it nicely in place. As i said, if they have stretched over time, or are sagging they will not hold it as firmly.. you could perhaps take the hooks out and place them a little further down to give them some more tension.

Viewing 5 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.