Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all,

Thought I’d join after finding out about the upcoming event in French Lick this year.

I have a 66 MkIV Singer Vogue Estate that I brought with me from UK. Sadly it hasn’t seen the road in a couple of years after I had a brake failure and haven’t been able to find the parts to fix it. I had considered hot rodding it and bought a donor car to swap all the bits from, but I have shyed away from that now and am back to looking for original bits.

Let me know if any of you can help with parts sourcing. I really don’t want to have to buy it all from Speedy Spares.

Welcome to the forum.

Do any of the brake parts cross over to the Series Alpines or Minx? (Forgive my ignorance, I’ve never seen a Vogue in person.)
      When all else fails trying to find parts locally, I have had to order from Speedy Spares too.

I’d sure like to see it at the United if you can get it going…. err stopping.

Hello and welcome..im not sure if you remember us talking through emails about bringing your singer to united awhile back..its nice to see new rootes fans on the forums.i might have a few contacts that might be able to help you out with the car also

pat j

Hi Pat,

I do remember talking to you about United. Sadly it was not long after that she decided to stop stopping.

I have been through an emotinal slalom with the car ever since. Do I sell it, Do I fix it, Do I hot rod it, Do strip it back and make a race car. I still havn’t fully decided, but I know I have to get it going whilst I do decide.

I’d like to make a few shows over here with the car before I do anything with it just to give people a chance to see an original Vogue Estate. Then I’ll better know what to do with it. I have been out of the car club loop for a couple of years with both this and my Aussie Charger not being on the road, so I have forgotten how much help, support and inspiration the car club fraternity can be.

Some ‘Series’ parts will fit ‘Super’ models. And the ones that do changes from model to model. I have some part number info but probably not enough to succesfully cross reference every Rootes part. That leaves photo identification as the only option. I pulled some suspiciously Alpine looking parts off the car so there is a good chance that series 5 brakes (rear at least) will work. The fronts I am told are the same as MGB (which is worrying since the car is twice as heavy), but I am not inclined to order a set on the hope they might fit, therefore I need stuff infront of me to compare.

Pat, it seems you are local, get in touch and maybe we can meet up somewhere, or you can come over and see the old girl.

Hi and Hello, is it Brat?
      Sunbeam Specialties has a lot of the parts for Alpines, and I found most are interchangeable on my Sunbeam Venezia. The Venezia is mechanically a Hillman Minx. Also a strang bird and little known in the Rootes community.
      For some Lockheed brake parts I had good luck at JEM Vintage&Classics in Hinckley in the UK. Also Rootes Spares in Holland has a lot of parts and was quick to ship me some parts.
      As the Singer Vogue is so unusual, certainly here in the US, and especially an estate! KEEP her ORIGINAL is my opinion. (I might even be interested if you decide to sell). Robert

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.