Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bruce Stutzman
      Participant

As a result of a fender bender accident I need a right front fender and other piecesfor my tiger.
        Bruce Stutzman
        412-600-7275
        stutztr4@gmail.com

Bruce – Hi, I would highly recommend you consider repairing your bent fender rather than sourcing a used one. I’ve just finished four hours of sandblasting two used fenders for my Alpine restoration which uncovered numerous corrosion pinholes that will require subsequent metal replacement to repair. It’s not going to be quick nor cheap to get the work done.

You’ll be way ahead time and money wise if your current fender is unrusted. If you find the right person who can properly work metal it will be easier for them to fix your fender. It is relatively easy to drill out the spot welds holding the fender to the body shell, then have the fender stripped to bare metal to remove paint and undercoating. Then the straightening of the metal will actually be the easiest part of the process, but much less effort then fabricating metal patches to replace corroded metal.

In my case these two fenders are better than what I started with on the two cars so I didn’t really have any choice. In the past decade I’ve only seen three NOS Sunbeam fenders advertised on EBay – I’m not certain you might even be able to find one now.

Gary

I have a right front fender headlight area section if that might be of help. Also an almost full outter front fender that would be good for cutting up for patch panel repairs. Post a picture of you damaged fender to get feedback re. if repair vs replace options to consider. FYI, I have been down this road and agree IF you can repair your existing fender it will save you a ton of work/time.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.