Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

The fuel pump that was installed during the course of my restoration is bad, and I think it’s out of the 12-month warranty that’s advertised on it. Rather than go the same route, I’d like to see about getting something that’s more off-the-shelf. My shop recommended something, and I can’t recall which brand it was, but it was a mainline company, maybe even Holley. It was a long day… 🙄

What suggestions do you guys have based upon experience changing fuel pumps?

I like to use the Purolator/Facet electric fuel pumps. Get the low pressure one (4 lbs.) and mount it in the spare tire well like they mounted the pumps on the MK2 Tigers. Mine has worked happily for 10 years now.
      Eric

quote Adventurer_96:

The fuel pump that was installed during the course of my restoration is bad, and I think it’s out of the 12-month warranty that’s advertised on it. Rather than go the same route, I’d like to see about getting something that’s more off-the-shelf. My shop recommended something, and I can’t recall which brand it was, but it was a mainline company, maybe even Holley. It was a long day… 🙄

What suggestions do you guys have based upon experience changing fuel pumps?

Purolator on mine….has been on the car about 2 years and no issues.

Thanks, by the way – been away for a while and the car hasn’t been run much, due to new additions to the family and tight budgets.

The problem wasn’t the fuel pump, but carb/intake/brake booster it seems.

So far the fuel pump works fine, but I might install a fuel pressure gauge just to be sure.

whatever you choose do put a heat shield over the muffler or in time your fuell pump will fry. there was a tip on how to at the cat site.been there done that . and it isnt hard to do.. good luck earl ( blu oval)

If you go with an electric fuel pump, as Eric recommends, make sure to mechanically isolate it, so it doesn’t make a lot of vibration or noise.
      Even with rubber standoffs, and rubber fuel lines, the electric Purolator pump makes a racket on my IMP.
      http://www.theimpclub.co.uk/forum/album … ic_id=3097

(Disregard this recommendation if you have a LOUD exhaust 😀 … snicker)

Bob and Jean Webb
      Participant

i didn’t know your imp had a fuel pump.i remember seeing a wind up key on the roof .

A handy thing to have in your fuel system to diagnose problems is a pressure regulator and a gauge. I use a low pressure Holley regulator and a gauge from Summit.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.