Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul and Mary Freen
      Participant

I am restoring a 1967 Tiger 1A
        I have stripped the chrome parts off of my car and I wanted to get input on the quality of the reproduced parts available. I did buy some front turn signal housings and they were excellent. That is my only experience. I am trying to make a concours car. Obviously, budget matters.

I am going to take the parts to a chrome shop to get an estimate. At what price difference should I go with the reproduced parts?

I will be redoing all the chrome since it is rough.

I’d appreciate any input you all have.

Thanks

Paul, In my experience re-chroming definitely gives you better quality and you will still have the original parts on the car. The downside is the cost, of course. Librandi’s in Middletown, PA is excellent, but not cheap. I’m sure others can chime in with their experience.

I had good luck with D&S plating in Holyoke MA. Mickey Dupuis understand what is needed for quality work. He did a Pebble Beach work and for a Bugatti owner in my area. http://www.dsplatingco.com/about-us/

Bob and Jean Webb
        Participant

LiBrandi’s have done a lot of replating and polishing for us over the course of five Alpine and LeMans restorations. They will stand behind the work they do.

0neoffive
          Participant

I also use Mickey in Holyoke, Mass for high end quality work. Always delivers impressive rescues of wounded parts.

Viewing 4 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.