Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

But apparently this Alpine lives there :mrgreen:
      Ever since Sandra started talking about doing a "study abroad" program in Spain, I keep thinking about that old 3-Dog Night song (actually written by Hoyt Axton, I recently discovered).
      In any case, Sandra has been in Spain since mid-August, thoroughly enjoying the experience. Earlier this week she reported spotting this familiar piece while checking out an auto Museum in Salamanaca that she stumbled upon:

OK Alpine eagle-eyes… which Series is that one?

Bob and Jean Webb
      Participant

series 3

I suspected a 2 or 3, but wasn’t sure.Thanks.
        Are there any obvious differences vs a USA-spec version?
        I was very proud that #1 she went into the Museum at all, and #2 that she recognized a Sunbeam and knew to send us the photo!

Bob and Jean Webb
        Participant

mark,
          the series 3 had the larger bumper over riders, same grill as series 1/2, small single front directional /parking lights and the large rear fins. it also had the door wing windows and windshield like the series 4/5 and tigers.

Possibly one of the Italian build Alpines from Touring? Then it would have the Touring Superleggera logo on the trunklid. Robert

quote jaars:

Possibly one of the Italian build Alpines from Touring? Then it would have the Touring Superleggera logo on the trunklid. Robert

I sent an email asking if she has a picture from the back?

quote 65beam:

the series 3 had …

Thanks.
          Now I see that the sign says "Sunbeam Alpine MkIII" (same spelling as/or in English) 🙄

quote Mark1A:

I sent an email asking if she has a picture from the back?

Sandra replied that she did not take any other photos… thus we are left to conjecture?

Viewing 7 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.