Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Just got a ’63 Alpine and would like to change to neg ground. This will be done during a complete strip of the car and possibly an engine upgrade. Can anyone give complete details on polarity change. Also could use advice on engine swap. Thanks for any help.

Hi dougstiger,

What engine are you thinking of installing to upgrade the power? It is necessary to know, because the installation instructions, work and effort, are very different for each engine and power train choice.

Jose ๐Ÿ™‚

I would like to go with a V6. Though I understand a rotary engine fits nice. I would like to go the easiest route. I have not done a lot of research yet.

quote dougstiger:

I would like to go with a V6. Though I understand a rotary engine fits nice. I would like to go the easiest route. I have not done a lot of research yet.

Hi Dougstiger,

See if you can find information on the rotary swap, although I understand that they have some problems with the exhaust making too much noise and the rotary burning up a mild steel exhaust system.

When you find about about it, then you might want to consider the 2.8 V6. It is plentiful, and with my kit, it is easy and less expensive than any other swap I know of. I like the rotary too, so think it would be an excellent choice as well.

Jose ๐Ÿ˜€

The V6 sounds like the way to go. Any particular year? What transmission should I look for? I will probably be getting the engine from a wrecking yard. How much equip. do I need to remove wiring,computer,etc? Do I look for carb or fuel inj? I would this to be as easy as possible with room for upgrade if necessary. Also could you send me info on your kit? Thanks Doug

Hi Doug,

Please send me all your contact information in an e-mail to:

**mejarodriguez**@**hotmail.com**

Please remove the asterisks.

I will send you all the information you want about the kit and other pertinent information you request.

Tell me about your Alpine and what you expect from the conversion. Let me know what kind of performance you want, like, mild, medium, or hot.

Thanks for asking about our kit.

Jose ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.