Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Ron and Cathy Stein
      Participant

For Sale Tiger Mk1a, Tiger MkII, Series V Alpine, parcel shelf rear panel. This is the panel that hides the soft top. This panel looks like an original uninstalled panel, or someone was unbelievably careful removing it from a car. To my untrained body man eye, I couldn’t see any marks or evidence of spot welds. Some owners preferred the vinyl style soft top storage and have replaced their steel covers by installing these panels in their Mk1 Tiger or earlier Alpines. It sure makes things simpler if you have a roll bar and probably eliminates some rattling from steel top covers and probably eliminates some rattling from steel top covers. The later setup also is better if your have a rollbar as the steel covers hinge forward and can hit the rollbars when lifting the soft top, unless the hinges are disconnected. These panels can rust at the bottom if your car is a restoration project that was left outside with no rear window or a leaky top. I don’t think anyone has repro’d these. Not sure what the official name is of this part as I couldn’t find it in any parts manual. Asking $250 or B.O. plus shipping at cost.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.