Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Ran the Arkansas Mile this past weekend . A very hot and humid couple of days with the temps in the upper 80s and a density altitude above 2500 ft. Video of my fastest run : final speed was 171.2

Dan Richardson
      Participant

Tried to play your video…. Got an error….said to try later.

171 ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ 8)
        Sounds pretty fast!
        How did the day go vs your expectations?
        I’ll look forward to seeing the video once it works. Thanks for posting.
        Mark

Video works fine on my computer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJrD4at3huI
        . Search sunbeam tiger , sunbeam tiger racing or type Arkansas Mile 6-3-17. Going to the event I was confident of running 170 + and with perfect conditions thought there was a chance to of 175. Saturday when I ran the fastest , it was hot and humid with a 8-10 mph headwind.

Video works via the youtube link – looks great, car appears very stable… was that with your extra front air dam?

Dan Richardson
        Participant

First out of the chute it seemed to falter, quickly regained ran great thru 5th all the way!

I saw 184 on the screen…. Bet it will be better next time.

Thanks to showing,

DanR

Mark , I had to use both the front air dam and the rear deck spoiler at the speed I was running . To keep air from getting under the car , the air dam was modified for 1 inch ground clearance at the bottom . The car was very stable at speed and was still accelerating at the mile marker . Dan the official speed was 171.2 mph. my GPS showed 172.4 mph. The car did not falter at the start , that was me trying to keep the tires from spinning . For this event I was running on Pirelli Trofeo R tires . It is a very good track tire and Y speed rated but only 225 mm wide. With 417 lb. feet of torque at the tire , the gas pedal gets to the floor at the end of first gear.

quote Hugh Guynes:

Mark , I had to use both the front air dam and the rear deck spoiler at the speed I was running . To keep air from getting under the car , the air dam was modified for 1 inch ground clearance at the bottom . The car was very stable at speed and was still accelerating at the mile marker … at the start , that was me trying to keep the tires from spinning . For this event I was running on Pirelli Trofeo R tires . It is a very good track tire and Y speed rated but only 225 mm wide. With 417 lb. feet of torque at the tire , the gas pedal gets to the floor at the end of first gear.

You guys have built an absolute beast! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 7 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.