Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

The heater hoses on my ’66 Mk1a Tiger were cut by the PO to bypass the heater and must be replaced.

The hoses are red/orange with a dark stripe, perhaps blue or black stripe.

Are such hoses factory issue or are they a replacement by the PO?

I will patch them with black hoses for the time being to see if the heater-radiator leaks or
      not, but "long term" would prefer to obtain factory original type hoses if possible.

Rgds,

Allan Ballard

alpine-64
      Participant

Allan,

I have a cross over body MKI which is largely untouched.. the heater hoses appear to be a redish colour.. but im not convinced they werent black from the factory… i suspect they are replacements.

Hi Allan,

All heater hoses were black with the majority using a basket weave, diamond pattern. From B382000001 onwards, the supply hose connecting the heater core to the heater control valve was un-patterned black hose. This is from the B.O.N.

Regards, Robin.

Thanks guys.

I’m surprised mine were changed at just 53k miles (or less) but I don’t argue
        with the BON ๐Ÿ™‚

Allan

alpine-64
        Participant
          quote SIVAllan:

Thanks guys.

I’m surprised mine were changed at just 53k miles (or less) but I don’t argue
          with the BON ๐Ÿ™‚

Allan

Allan,

My car had a similar milage.. i didnt think they were original as i thought they were black.. what did surprise me was they were moulded to the correct path.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.