Tagged: Repairs, Rusty parts, soft top, Sunbeam, Tiger, Tiger/Alpine
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated February 14, 2023 at 5:34 pm by Dan Richardson.
November 19, 2022 at 9:31 pm #93535
Here are some words to share with you about that “ODD Little Bolt” that is part of the soft top world: I noticed for the first time a few days ago how easily the drain trap under the bronze bracket for the soft top hinge can become clogged causing water to fill up and submerge the “bolt”. My Blue Boy’s Bolt was not in such bad shape back in 2008 when undergoing restoration.
But several of the parts to the tops I have for my other Alpines are in very bad condition. A friend (David H) called me asking for some replacement bolts he was in need of about a week ago. We discussed the rusty condition and their causes. That is when I searched for and found some of my parts were in need of replacement. My search a few days ago turned up ZERO.
Pictured below is a bolt that is hardly, if ever mentioned that I know of. Our Sunbeams have them in a place hardly ever noticed. Yet, if you have a soft top it comes into play each and every time you either raise or lower the top.
I am having replacement bolts made to duplicate the “originals”.
Pictured is a portion of the soft top in which you will find the “bolt” along with a picture of one rusty bolt. Reference: PARTS LIST Section YX Plate D Item 226. The bolt is part of the hinge assembly
- This topic was modified 4 months ago by Dan Richardson.
- This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Dan Richardson.
- This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by James Lindner.
November 19, 2022 at 9:33 pm #93537
I failed to upload my PIC’s See next POST.
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Dan Richardson.
- This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Dan Richardson.
December 26, 2022 at 9:31 pm #94062
UPDATE: The Soft top bolts are finished in stainless steel.
Very nice results.
Sold and shipped 52 pairs at $22 a pair plus shipping in lower 48 states
for $6.00 USPS.
Still have a few pairs left.
If interested E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Dan Richardson. Reason: Added PIC of the New Stainless-Steel Bolts
- This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Dan Richardson.
February 14, 2023 at 5:34 pm #94889
I have more of these stainless steel bolts available. A very good replacement item for our Sunbeams.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.