Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi – just welcoming myself. I’ve been a fan of Sunbeams since the 80’s doing donuts in my best friend’s dad’s Tiger when he let us take his baby out.

Now with my kids getting more settled in middle school – I’m casually looking around for a solid Alpine SIV or SV ($5000+/-) so I can have a casual weekend project with my father and hopefully show my daughters what a carb was! I’d love to have something with some power so a V6 conversion would be fine – I’m not a terrible purist – but am more interested in getting something I can build some family experiences around.

Based in Raleigh, NC.

-M

Welcome. Restoring a car is a great pastime for father and son. I’m doing that now myself.

Take a look on Craigslist, there are Sunbeams that pop up now and then. There are some Alpines up north here.

Welcome!
      We have quite a few Sunbeam owners here in the Carolinas and we like to get together at the various car shows. Come join us at the BMW Eurofest on October 15th http://www.euroautofestival.com/
      Hopefully about 15+ Sunbeams will be at that event. I know of a few Sunbeams for sale locally if you are interested. Eric

Thanks for the welome. It’s fun reading through the forums even without a car at this point.

-M

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.