Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 1970 Sunbeam Alpine GT. It’s a survivor with less than 33,000 miles on it. As far as I know, it’s been in storage since 1982. I’m looking forward to getting it on the road and learning more about this vehicle. Fortunately the car is pretty much complete, with a few exceptions. It came with only one wheel cover and the radio was removed. I also know I need rear wheel cylinders and could use a new windshield gasket. Any help in locating these items would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on your purchase. The Alpine GT is a fun car.

It seems radios are big money these days. Everything else should be attainable with a little patience. There are a few GT experts here on the forum. Bob (username "65beam") has a stunning example restoration and might be able to give you some pointers on part crossovers and such.

Welcome!

welcome aboard!
        Where in "Eastern PA" are you located?

Anonymous

Hi, I live in Frackville, a small town in Schuylkill County. It’s right along Interstate 81.

quote packard40:

Hi, I live in Frackville, a small town in Schuylkill County. It’s right along Interstate 81.

I was in Frackville once (on a "tour" with a friend in a "brass-era" car)… went to a fantastic private museum there.
          Hope to meet you at a BASH or other event!

Bob and Jean Webb
          Participant

bill,
            I have your number in my pile of notes but keep forgetting to return your call. every time I remember it’s very late in the evening. I should have the hubcaps in my parts building. the original windshield gasket is hard to find. there are some universal gaskets that can be used.

Anonymous

Hi Mark,

The JWR Museum has an amazing collection, mainly brass era and full classics. Here’s a link to their website for anyone who might be interested.

http://www.jwrautomuseum.com

Being new to this forum, I’m not sure what a BASH event is, but I’m looking forward to meeting you and other members in the future.

I must have taken close to a hundred photos that day in the JWR museum – wow, what a collection.

The B.A.S.H. is the annual spring "central PA" TE/AE get-together. It is always a good time.
              My understanding that it stands for Bring A Sunbeam Here. Someone with more history can correct it if needed. Back in the 70s it had "Fix-in" added with the name… people brought broken cars for fixing "on the spot" or so legend goes.
              Here is the thread from the 2013 event with write-up and links to some pix:
              viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2501

Watch the forum and the Rootes Review for info on the 2014 version.
              Mark

Viewing 7 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.