Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      alpine-64
      Participant

For those looking for a 3 eared "gas cap" i think i have mentioned before that lotus used them as the oil filler caps on their twin cams.. i was looking at a lotus suppliers parts catalogue and came across this:

Description: OIL FILLER CAP: LOTUS TWIN CAM & BDA
        Other Info: NEW BILLET MACHINED ALLOY CAP
        Part No: FL854
        Item Price: £34.00

https://www.burtonpower.com/product_main.aspx?home.aspx

Mike Schreiner
        Participant

Wow! Thanks for that info….I just ordered one mike Schreiner

Mike Schreiner
          Participant

I ordered it from their website and it never came…and they dont answer inquiry"s

In a month, you think it would have come by now. Did they charge your card yet? I’ve waited longer for parts out of England… never order from this company.

Some places go on vacation for a month at a time in the summer.
            Do they answer the phone?

Mike Schreiner
            Participant

I didnt call, them…just emailed…I have given up on them and decided to sell my series 2 anyway…I keep looking at my charge car bill..havent seena charge yet, but dont remember wheich card I used…Mike

Mike Schreiner
              Participant

I finally got mine (after 5 weeks) and it does not fit my series 2 Alpine….However, I have wing tanks and no sub floor like a series 3 car for some reason……anyone need a 3 eared cap? Mike

alpine-64
                Participant

Mike,

I would assume that you dont then have the correct SII filler neck? Can you post a picture of the back of the cap? I will post a picture of a stock one for comparison, but IIRC there were shots of the back that looked like they would be fine.

Hi Mike
                  Sorry to hear it does not fit. I will buy it from you or trade parts to get it. I have a use for it! thanks, Eric

Viewing 7 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.