Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim Stone
      Participant

I am repairing a Mk1 trunk with a patch panel salvaged from a SIV and am about to transfer the passenger side exhaust mounts over from the rusted original panel. The driver’s side mounts on the Tiger are spot welded in but the passenger side is seam welded, and very amateurishly. Is that a poorly done repair by a PO or the way they came from the factory?

No direct experience with that since that portion of the trunk floor was missing on mine as well, but I would expect that is original since the shells were built mostly the same and sent with a kit of parts to Jensen to convert them to Tiger specs. Work for changes to the shells varies, but looks to be rushed and not up to any specific standards.

Jim Stone
        Participant

Thanks, Mike. I suspected that might be the case, although it would be nice to know for sure. I’ve put off installing them for now and moved on to other things. There is a good chance I will be under another Tiger before I get back to it and will post what I find, if instructive.

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.