Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Dan Richardson
      Participant

For sale: Mount brackets, spacers and hardware for installation of calipers and rotors to rear of Alpines and Tigers.

The individual components recommended for converting a Sunbeam rear drum brake system to a more modern Disc/Caliper/Rotor system are from a 1992 Saturn SC rear wheel setup and other interchangeable year/model components available.

The designed Brackets and Spacers will fit the bolt holes in the flange on the Stock rear axle housing and are interchangeable for either right or left sides. They are bolted on NOT Welded. The Alpine E-Brake system will function correctly if the Saturn lever is replaced with the lever I designed.

The kit consist of:
        BRACKETS Axle Housing to Caliper OEM Bracket,
        Quantity 2 each
        SPACERS Axle to Housing 1/4″ Quantity 2 each
        SPACERS Axle to Housing 1/8″ Quantity 2 each
        SPACERS Axle to Housing 1/16″ Quantity 2 each
        LEVER E-Brake replacements for Saturn stock lever
        Quantity 1 RH & and 1 LH
        BOLTS ¼ – 20 w/nuts and washers,
        Quantity 6 each
        BOLTS 10 mm 1.5 x 25 12.9 for Axle Housing Bracket to Caliper OEM Bracket Quantity 4 each
        Calipers w/E brake lever; Rotors drilled for the Sunbeam application; Pads; Hoses; Hard brake lines with Tee; Replacement E-Brake rod threaded w/clevis.

If you decide to DIY, make sure you also get the Saturn OEM mount bracket because it is need for mounting to the KIT Axle Housing Bracket.

My caliper mount brackets fit a wide variety of wheels. Below are a few.
        1. Stock Steel AND wire 13 inch.
        2. Center Line 14×6 inch
        3. PanaSport 14 and 15×7” wheels.

Ask if you are interested is a specific wheel fit not listed.

A spacer can be utilized between the hub and wheel in some cases such as the Mags I run on Blue Boy (15×7). Longer studs may be required in some cases, depending on the thickness of the spacer(s). I have now completed the Stock Steel wheel 13”application. I want to ensure total safety and performance before offering. Let the Buyer beware….. I stand behind my laser cut brackets and spacers.

$900 including shipping in lower 48. Direct your questions to tiger2dan@gmail.com

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Dan Richardson. Reason: Update on wheel selection and clarification on wording
        • This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Dan Richardson.
        Dan Richardson
        Participant

I have made a few changes out of necessity:

1. Added two items to the Kit.

a. A 1/32″ thick spacer utilized for spacing the caliper with the rotor.
          b. A replacement for the Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger E-brake rod. It does not have the 90 degree elbow. It
          is designed to be cut to your required length & it is threaded for a 5/16-24 Yoke (Yoke is provided).

2. The Kit sells for $900 including shipping to lower 48 states.
          a. Axle Housing brackets to Caliper OEM Bracket Quantity 2 each (1 each side)
          b. SPACERS Axle to Housing 1/4″ Quantity 2 each (1 each side)
          c. SPACERS Axle to Housing 1/8″ Quantity 2 each (1 each side)
          d. SPACERS Axle to Housing 1/16″ Quantity 2 each (1 each side)
          e. Spacers Axle to Housing 1/32″ Quantity 2 each (1 each side)
          f. E-Brake lever replacements for Saturn stock lever quantity 1 each (RH & LH).
          g. Plate replacement for stock vacuum plate quantity 2 each (1 each side).
          h. BOLTS 10 mm 1.5 x 25 12.9 for Axle Housing Bracket to Caliper OEM Bracket Quantity 4 each
          i. BOLTS ¼ – 20 (Alpine) 5/16-20 (Tiger) w/nuts and washers quantity (depends on # of spacers).
          j. Also calipers; drilled rotors; pads; hard lines w/tee and hoses
          NOTE: Brackets, Spacers, E-brake rod, Levers and Yoke will come powder coated.

PDF and PIC’s are available

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ufxDssxyhCOTSqlMQfcO_g7N2BYXFFTfHedjX31frYo/

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Dan Richardson. Reason: Added a fixed price and clarified some wording
      Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.