Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hello. I have 66 Tiger B9473258 LRX FE. Would someone know when this car was built? I’m trying to restore it, but it’s not fitting what I have seen out there for Series IV or Series V donors.

It has a square hood and doors, round deck lid, and the 3-piece convertible covers.

Thank you!

Steve

I don’t have my stuff in front of me to give an exact date, but it would be sometime in the summer of 65. I have an Alpine in that same timeframe with the same features, so what you want is a late series IV as a donor, although you can use the front off a V and the rear from a IV if you find individual components or partial bodies.

Steve, the chassis code list didn’t list build dates. I checked my Book of Norman and the Jensen date for your Tiger is 4/29/65. The paint code is 86. All other info like gearbox and trans number was withheld. Thats how the book lists stuff. Hope this helps.

Jimbo! Good to see you posting again.
      Steve I had a MK1 a long time ago that was built about 50 cars after yours and it also had square corner doors and hood and a round corner trunk lid. So the rest of the Tiger is Series 4 Alpine based with Series 5 square corner doors and hood. Somewhere in the BON this info is written down.
      Good luck with your resto and keep us posted! Eric

Hi Eric, Mike, and Jim-

Thanks to all of you for your information! A Frankencar, eh? Well, the front is definitely in worse shape, so a Series V for me.

Spot-on with the paint code, and I have the trans & axle numbers, so I was able to get JAL 562828.

I have to figure out how to post images of how she looks now after strip and dip. Guess I’ll have to blow off the B-17 pics on Photobucket…

Jensen build date of 4/29/65? Cool! That’s 10 days after my 9th birthday… ๐Ÿ™‚

Damn – I need to start saving my pennies for a Book of Norman…

Again, thank you!

Steve

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.