Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I want to install a Mallory dual point distributor on my 62 Alpine SII. The stock distributor fits into the tach drive, then the tach drive fits into the block. Can I use the cheaper model 2332001 and my existing tach drive,
      or do I have to use the model 2432001 with a tach drive built on to the bottom of the distributor? I have been reading this forum for years, but this is the first time attempting to ask a question. Not very computer literate
      it took me a while to find out how to do it!!!

MALLORY has a web site http://www.malloryignition.com and a tel# 702 882 6600.They are located in Carson City,Nevada.I have a MALLORY UNILITE BREAKERLESS distributor on my 1967 Series II.This weekend,after 10 years,car will not ignite not even slight hint at ignition.I have to check out intensity or not of the spark but ran out of time on Sunday.Plenty of juice in the battery so car turns over very well.Iwill also pull plugs to see their status but they’re only 4-5 years old with low mileage. frank mooney

Let me amend my previous post.The MALLORY web site gives access to various Mallory product distributors such as Summit Racing not to Mallory,Inc.The telephone # is not active”our mailbox is full”.Mallory is no longer in Carson City,Nevada.I don’t know what to make of this but product is still available. frank mooney

Frank,
      I have found that Century Performance Center is very helpful. They seem
      to have everything Mallory makes, and will give tech assistance. Their web site is http://www.centuryperformance.com/mallory/dizzymatrix8.asp
      I hope this helps, I have decided on the Mallory dual point with the tach drive and vacuum advance.

Lee.thanks for the website info..It has a wealth of tech support including installation instructions with wiring diagrams that appear to be easy to follow.I’ll have to see how I do. frank mooney

Lee & Frank-

I am working on doing some articles for the Rootes Review pertaining to improving the efficiency of our cars. Right now I have articles for the Tiger on 2-barrel and 4-barrel carbs, distributors, and the recently completed article on cooling the Tiger.

I would really appreciate one or both of you submitting an article on the Mallory distributor for Alpines. It does not have to be long, just enough to show how to set up the Mallory, what the advantages are compared to stock, and any downside to doing this change.

I’m not in any big rush for this information, but I am trying to keep the technical articles flowing for the newsletter into the future. There are only so many events that can be covered before it gets boring. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from you. You can respond through this thread or to my e-mail at:

FHSLOTH3@CS.COM

Fred Baum
      Editor, the Rootes Review

I believe Mallory was bought by Mr. Gasket Co.
      Tech help is available at:

http://go.mrgasket.com/AskTechFormMrGas … ?brandId=1

Bob

quote Lee DeRamus:

I want to install a Mallory dual point distributor on my 62 Alpine SII. The stock distributor fits into the tach drive, then the tach drive fits into the block. Can I use the cheaper model 2332001 and my existing tach drive,
      or do I have to use the model 2432001 with a tach drive built on to the bottom of the distributor? I have been reading this forum for years, but this is the first time attempting to ask a question. Not very computer literate
      it took me a while to find out how to do it!!!

Hi,

Perhaps you can try one of our brand new Lucas late type dizzies. We have both standard (points/condensor) and electronic (Hall generator) versions for Alpines, Rapiers and various Hillman models.
      The electronic engaged version fits to “negative earth” or converted cars.

Arnoud

http://www.rootesparts.com

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.