Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      alpine-64
      Participant

Is anyone using the dropped spindles off the late model minx on their tiger? These are the ones that lower the front of the car about an inch. If so, what if anything did they do to the steering arms? I have heard some peopel swap to MGB ones, but maybe thats part of the swap to the midget rack conversion?

So what’s required?

i have some lowered spindles. not sure where they are from but other than a lower stub axle they are identical and i use the same steering arms.

http://owainlloyd.no-ip.com:8080/photos … G2889.html

My Hillman had those spindles and I once talked to Doug about them, have a fuzzy thought it required a slight grinding to fit a Tig but nothing serious. They bolted right up on my SV.

quote Jim E:

My Hillman had those spindles and I once talked to Doug about them, have a fuzzy thought it required a slight grinding to fit a Tig but nothing serious. They bolted right up on my SV.

Jim
        I’m wondering just how low your car is sitting?What is the clearance from the crossmember to ground if I may ask?
        The 62 with a series 4 front end with Tiger springs and Mustang spindles is a touch too low for my liking.I’m in the process of looking at custom coils and just waiting to hear back on the price.It is a local shop and met with the coil designer the other day so should hear something today.

Chuck,
        I have the Hillman spindles on my SV, with a set of S3 springs the car with the V6 in it is still pretty high but teh front end has not had a chance to settle and being the engine is now in my S3. On my S3 it is pretty low think the car has had the rubber insulators removed and maybe the spring cut, a coke can will just fit under teh crossmemeber.

I am pretty sure the front end under the SV is going to get put in the S3 along with the Tiger rear end.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.