Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      James Lindner
      Keymaster

Hello

I just acquired a set of original LAT 9 wheels. I was wondering if the lug nuts I use on my LAT 70 wheels will work. If not, does anybody have the specs for lug nuts that will work?

Thanks
        Jim

Jim I don’t know if the LAT70 lugs are the same but here are some specs from my LAT9 lug nuts. The original lug is 7/8″ X 1.5″ long. Shank is .687 dia. .600 long.The washer is 1.175 OD and .682 ID. The washer is a press fit on to the shank. Hope this helps. Bruce

James Lindner
        Keymaster

Bruce

Yes it does. I will have to wait to remove my LAT 70s to measure the lugs.

I do have another set of 7/16×20 shank style lug nuts (see photo). I put one into the lug hole on the LAT 9s and the bottom of the shank was flush with the inner surface of the wheel.

Jim

James Lindner
          Keymaster

Sorry

Still working on resizing photos on iPad.

The one I sent photo of was 1.66” long.

Jim

alpine-64
            Participant

Jim,.
              Did the LAT 9 use a specific lug? Have you contacted guys running them to see what they are using?

If you need some made I have some contacts

James Lindner
              Keymaster

The LAT 9 wheels use a shank type lug nut. The issue is to make sure the shank is the correct length

The guy who sold me the LAT 9s sent me photo of what he was using. He said the shank was 13/16” that is about.81”

I do not know what the measurement is for my LAT 70 lugs because they are on the car and have not had an opportunity to remove one.

I do have another set of lugs with a shank length of .74. I tried one for fit and the bottom of shank looked flush with the inner surface of wheel. So fit looked good. I will measure my LAT 70 lug and try it on for size.

Thanks
                Jim

James Lindner
                Keymaster

For the record the lug nuts that I got from Sunbeam Specialties for my 13” LAT70s 10+ years ago worked perfectly on my LAT 9s. I forgot to measure the shank but I compared it to the other nuts I described in the previous post and they were the same.

Jim

James Lindner
                  Keymaster

Please ignore my last post. When driving the car the wheels had a bit of shimmy beyond not being balanced. At closer inspection the LAT 70 nuts are just 1000ths of an inch too long. Double washers corrected things for the short term. Once I get the new ones I will post.

Jim

Viewing 7 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.