Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

It is located in NH. I will inspect it in early Jan and it will then be shipped to my home in KS. Norman Miller has verified that all numbers match and it has original rivets on the VIN tag. I would like to get it TACed in the near future though. Has been off of the road for 35 years and is just now restoration complete.

Mike Schreiner
      Participant

It is very nice, looks like a great example and will bring you some grat times….hope to see it at some Uniteds…Mike

alpine-64
        Participant

congratulations, a really nice looking car and with all the hard to find bits there and looking nice. Iwas watching the auction and the buy it now price seemed quite cheap.. so I think you must have done VERY well. Hope it brings you lots of fun miles.. btw.. great wheels

Jim Stone
          Participant
            quote alpine_64:

btw.. great wheels

I was admiring them too. Do you know what they are?

quote alpine_64:

I was watching the auction and the buy it now price seemed quite cheap..

I paid less than the BIN price! Very happy thus far. The seller is a great guy.

quote Jim Stone:

quote alpine_64:

btw.. great wheels

I was admiring them too. Do you know what they are?

Thanks guys. No, have no idea on the wheels.

I look forward to some events in the Spring.

They look like Ford Granada alloys to me. I have seen quite a few on ebay uK.

alpine-64
            Participant

The wheels are J.A.G i forget what that stands for but Eric G should be able to chome in as he has a set of them on the ex wally swift car i believe.

Those are J.A. Pierce wheels-it is nice to see another set on a Sunbeam!
              Nice looking car-was the owner a TE/AE member? Did Robert Jaarsma know him? Eric

Hi Duke,

Great looking Tiger and I’m sure a proud new owner 8) . Was the Tiger running when you shot the dash picture as the tacho is showing 1500 rpm?

Regards, Robin.

alpine-64
              Participant

Robin,

Dont think he took the photos as he said he will be inspecting the car in Jan, however i;’d say its running as the oil psi seems to be showing a healthy needle

quote gtsmrt:

Was the Tiger running when you shot the dash picture as the tacho is showing 1500 rpm?

As Michael pointed out, I have not seen the car yet. Will be flying out to NH on Jan 12 to get a good look and complete the deal. I will need to do some work on the carb if it is idling at 1500 😉

The engine has 5 miles on a rebuild so I am sure there are minor tuning issues to be addressed.

Thanks again for the complements, I am indeed a very proud (soon to be) owner.

Hi,
                Congratulations. Didn’t know there was a Tiger for sale here in New Hampshire! We were too busy shuffling snow! I thought I knew all Sunbeams in my state. Where abouts is it? When you come in January and are in my area drop by I am near I89/I91. Robert

quote jaars:

Hi,
                Congratulations. Didn’t know there was a Tiger for sale here in New Hampshire! We were too busy shuffling snow! I thought I knew all Sunbeams in my state. Where abouts is it? When you come in January and are in my area drop by I am near I89/I91. Robert

It is near Suncook. I will be there Jan 12/13.

I flew out to NH ion Saturday to look at the car and make the final deal. Here are some pictures from my visit –

The sellers are upstanding great guys who even put me up in one of their homes on Saturday night.

I also had the opportunity to meet Randy Willett who is a great guy and I found out a fellow Army Aviator. He is going to solve my missing brake booster issue. I drove the car and the brake defiantly needs a booster.

Car is just beautiful and absolutely rust free. It’s no exaggeration when I was told that it has been off the road since 1972. The sellers have the 1972 license plate and registration. The car should be delivered to my house via closed carrier by mid Feb. I can’t wait!!

I will be looking for a (NOS preferable) 260 single point distributer. It has a duel point ditro now that is screwing up the tach.

Viewing 13 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.