Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

my intake manifold has ‘tiger’ cast in it.

doesn’t anyone know exactly what this is? i have a 302 with a 4bbl carb. would it be worth putting a new intake on?

Is it an aluminum lo-rise manifold with the Tiger on a front runner and a CS number on the l/h front, (as mounted on the car)??

i think so – here is a picture:

http://owainlloyd.no-ip.com:8080/photos … G2281.html

(and before anyone mentions the orientation of the throttle spring mount, that was just some experimentation – its now the other way around with 2 springs attached)

but if anyone knows what that carb is i’d be interested too. it says 6910 which appears to be and 800 cfm which seems a little large.

alpine-64
      Participant
        quote odl21:

my intake manifold has ‘tiger’ cast in it.

doesn’t anyone know exactly what this is? i have a 302 with a 4bbl carb. would it be worth putting a new intake on?

Looks like you have an LAT Tiger inlet manifold. Its an aftermarket "rootes dealer" manifold that was a copy of the edelbrock i think. The CS will relate to shelby as they rebarnded lots of the cobra dress up and performance items as tiger stuff.. so tiger got cast in instead of cobra, like your rocker covers.

sounds good! so i’m guessing it would just as good performance wise as an F4B? (and certainly cooler 🙂 )

alpine-64
        Participant
          quote odl21:

sounds good! so i’m guessing it would just as good performance wise as an F4B? (and certainly cooler 🙂 )

No No.. its much worse.. horribly so… you should take it off as soon as possible and send it to me and i will replace it with an F4B for you, i’ll even pay postage as i’m feeling so nice! 😛 😛 😛 😀

quote alpine_64:

No No.. its much worse.. horribly so… you should take it off as soon as possible and send it to me and i will replace it with an F4B for you, i’ll even pay postage as i’m feeling so nice! 😛 😛 😛 😀

😕 yeah ok. actually i need to move $10 million from nigeria to australia too – mind if i wire it to your account and you can take 10% commission? 😛

alpine-64
          Participant
            quote odl21:

quote alpine_64:

😕 yeah ok. actually i need to move $10 million from nigeria to australia too – mind if i wire it to your account and you can take 10% commission? 😛

No need for commision.. manifold will be fine as payment.. its probably worth as much! 😆 😆

Jeff Nichols
            Participant

check out this web page: http://www.jason.fletcher.net/tech/intakes/intakes.htm It is a reprint of a old intake manifold air flow horsepower article. They tested a Tiger manifold and it was slightly better than the stock Ford at higher rpm but much worse than the Edelbrock Performer low rise.

Viewing 8 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.