Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

After six and one half years and little bit of money, our 1966 MK1A is complete. As stock as I could afford to make it and looking very nice. I don’t mean to be corny but a lot of credit goes to Doug Jennings at the Tiger Auto Club, Al Roth the engine builder at R & R Machine here in Akron, Ohio and Rick at Sunbeam Specialties.

So here’s my question: I’ve washed the Tiger twice, with clean rags and McGuire’s car wash and used a new chamois to dry. There are always streaks or a slight film left over. What’s the best product and process to end up with a shiny Tiger.
      Thanks for the replys.

alpine-64
      Participant

the water is what leves marks.. if you rinse with purified water you won have that issue.. many filters are available to bolt on to your hose.

However.. i find that if the car has a good coat of polish on it that the chamois should lift all the water.

Clean the car, clay stick it, then polish with a good polish like meguairs gold class, autoglym super resin et al.. use microfibre cloths to buff… if you ahev some spare coin… swiss wax would be a great way to seal it in.

Bob and Jean Webb
        Participant

we always use micro fiber towels to dry the car. it works great on our paint jobs done by doug and steve. no streaks.

I just use a sponge and bucket on mine;

Now that is a car wash I would be willing to take my cars to.

Bill Have only washed my tiger once in 4 years but I do not take it out on wet roads. I use mothers cordoba wax when it gets dusty I use a california duster then Ice detailer with a good micro fiber cloth with good results I also keep the tiger covered when not in use.. the detailer realy works great.. Try it instead of the car wash.. Good luck Earl bluoval

Viewing 5 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.