Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I just left a post on the modified section asking questions about Edelbrocks F4B manifold. If yo have a chance please check that out as I need help. For this section I ask the question, what are people doing to replace their Tiger’s heater core. I don’t want to clean and use a 40year old core. Does anyone make a replacement. I could make a by-pass section, but I would like to have the heater operational. Thanks for your assistance.

Hap & Patti Hazard

alpine-64
      Participant

Hap,

There are a few on ebay at the moment, one NOS.. you can also have them tested or re-cored.

Michael,

Thanks for the response. I didn’t see the NOS heater core on e-bay when I checked. Do you have a name for a shop or company that has and does the heater re-core. I live in a very rural area of Calif. and don’t have a lot of service near by.

Thanks again

Hap

Check with Doug Jennings of Tiger Auto. He has a source for these. I’m not sure if his shop recores or builds new ones. He replaced the heater core in my Mk1a and it worked great!

Thank you for the name of a shop. Do you have a phone #, location, or someway to make contact? I appreciate your response, I saw a lot of folks looked at this question, but no one provided any follow-up. I guessing that a lot of people are looking for the answer for which only a few have one.

Winter is now on me. So I have time to make the repair correctly.

Thanks again,

Hap & Patti

Doug Jennings
        Tiger Auto Service
        425 Blue Bell Rd.
        Dayton, Ohio 45431
        937-252-3317

Thanks so much for the infor. I’ll follow-up and keep you posted.

Hap & Patti
        B471001

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.