Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Had a couple of questions for the group. I’m a new Tiger owner and contemplating some work on the car. How easy is it to get the heads out of the car and are there any tricks to getting them out? Second question is whether it’s possible to remove the transmission by itself without removing the engine. I’m guessing not, but wanted to see if it’s possible. Thanks!

If your going to pull the heads anyway its easier to pull motor and trans together out the bottom. Then work on the motor.
      Good luck

quote Fasttiger:

If your going to pull the heads anyway its easier to pull motor and trans together out the bottom. Then work on the motor.
      Good luck

Was planning to pull the heads now to have some work done. Tranny was a future project that I wasn’t going to do for awhile…more curious as to whether it can be done in the car for future reference.

THERE WAS RECENT POST ON THE HEAD REMOVAL/INSTALLATION TOPIC.

IT CAN BE DONE, BUT IT ISN’T EASY.

I’m also interested whether the tranny can be removed without removing engine on Tiger MK1.Can anyone give me advice on its possibility?

Remove the linkage, drive shaft and any other attachments, unbolt the trans, then you twist ether left or right I can not remember and down it will come out but will take some time. I did this about 15 years ago Stock MKI Tiger. Good luck 8)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.