Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,
      I didn’t realize there was an east coast Tiger/Alpine club here in North Carolina. I am now a proud member. My first British car was a 63 Alpine which I literally wore out. I loved that car and always lusted after the 67 Mark V version. Coudn’t afford it back in those days.
      I went through a whole slew of other marques and finally restored a 55 Morgan Pus 4 which I owned for 20 years. Cicumstances being what they are, I recently sold that love of my life and decided to look around for an Alpine project. I wound up with a 67 mark V which is nearly if not totally a lost cause. After all these years and experience with British cars you’d think I would know better.
      I’m on the prowl again, looking for a better specimen. I look forward to co-responding with club members
      Dale

Hi Dale-Welcome aboard! There are quite a few Sunbeams around the Carolinas and we get together at many of the shows. I hope you can make it to the Columbia, SC British car show this Sept. 12th as we expect 20+ Sunbeams here. Then this coming May there will be a Sunbeam Invasion near Asheville, NC. It was good talking to you the other day. Eric

Dale,

Welcome to the group. Thanks for sharing your story with us. There are Alpines that show up every once in a while, and there’s a good chance you’ll find an acceptable specimen.

You’ll find our group is very helpful, we’re like a big family.
      Keep your eyes on the For Sale section.

Best Regards,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.